Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ucon ems

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
roll cage/seats/suspension/brakes are priority before more power. soon enough though.

Murderface

Reaction score
The X-1 did not sample all of the injectors, just a couple of them. Then it had a very complex logic function that would estimate where the injector pulse edges should be and fire the injectors based on that estimation.

Seems pretty high tech, but in the end a simpler approach where all the OEM injectors are sensed/tracked seems to work much better. The other issue was that the OEM ECU would send multiple injector pulses per cycle under some conditions and those were being missed all together. The UCON picks that up in tracking mode. In the end the drivability and overall smoothness is greatly improved. It just works better.

G

Nice info G. Hopefully someday I'll be able to upgrade to the UCONN. Just when we thought that when the X-1 came out that nothing could be better, then u gotta prove us all wrong and come up with an even better platform. Thank u and hopefully I can afford to get one within the year!

FJTTSE

Reaction score
G,

Realistically, are we looking at next summer before the UCON is available to purchase with config files for use with the TRD SC, CAI ... snorkel? :) Would like a ball park on how much time I have to put some $ aside.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I just had a thought.

If you got the Mk2 to Mk3 upgrade kit, I can ship that and a UCON out to you right away. I have Mk3 cals all done ready to go for the UCON.

G

I suppose while I am at it I might as well upgrade my blower to the -81 or better yet the -91 :biggrin:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
U know i cant wait to see what the price tag on this is gonna be...But in the end whats gonna happen to us X1 owners wanting to switch over?

Gadget

Reaction score
Our main priority was to get URD Supercharger kits shipping again.

Over a year ago I was ready to launch the new revised version of the FJ Supercharger kit and called APR and asked them how many X-1s he had. I was told 40 so I placed an order for 30. He assured me that I would have all 30 in a couple of weeks. Based on that I began kitting up 30 kits, supercharger, pipes brackets and so on.

Well, the X-1s never showed up. I called and called and ended up with 5. Something just did not seem right so I test ran each of those in my truck and out of the 5 only 3 worked. I paid for 3 and sent 2 back. APR wanted me to pay for all 5 and treat the other two as warranty items. Given that I already sent a few back under warranty that were never replaced or refunded, I declined to do that and asked where my other 27 X-1s were. Well, they never came. I was told by one of the partners of APR that they in fact DID NOT EXIST. Why I was told to expect 30 when 30 did not exist is beyond me.

So, this really put URD in a bind. A ton of money tied up in 30 supercharger kit parts with no engine management. So, plan B was put into effect.

Back in 2005 URD was working on a deal to produce an advanced EMS and a positive displacement supercharger system for the 1GR. We were looking to bring on a guy that was leaving TRD as a partner in URD and I worked hard on a document and marketing plan for the engine management system and that document was titled URD UCON FLex X-1. The deal with the new partner did not work out and he went to TX and and started APR and launched the X-1 as his product.

Now URD was caught short on the lack of EMS so I dusted off the original URD UCON FLex X-1 plan and put it into effect and the result was the UCON Flex we have now made by a new company called iTronix Technologies.

Our main goal is to clear out the back log of URD Supercharger kit orders that have been stacking up for the last year. It looks like we should be pretty well caught up around the 1st or the week after. Once we get to that point we are going to work real hard getting all the calibrations sorted out for the non-URD supercharger kit applications. So, if all goes well should be sometime in January.

So get ready!!

G

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
And it remains a mystery...lol....Well Gadget i have always been a supporter of Your work so keep em coming man...and for the rest of us we will have to wait...In the meantime anyone want to start a waitlist for X-1's for the low????...:smile: For us who want to upgrade??

SooRunner

Reaction score
G, So if we have the X1 and want to switch over to the UCON what is required?

Does the UCON also require the cam gear sprockets and thermostat?

I'm sick of my X running like crap and idle droop trying to find a stabel idle....

ntinhri

Reaction score
Wow never knew u got burned by what is now Apr... And you never had a sour taste n Ur mouth nor leaked this info. Kiddos gadget. Once again you prove ur a stand up guy.... Now whats going on with that snake guy over on Ct? U know the one that was banned here , twin charged, blah

darthyota

Reaction score
Wow never knew u got burned by what is now Apr... And you never had a sour taste n Ur mouth nor leaked this info. Kiddos gadget. Once again you prove ur a stand up guy.... Now whats going on with that snake guy over on Ct? U know the one that was banned here , twin charged, blah

rumour has it he sold both trucks and moved to the dominican republic but who really knows :dontknow::ahhhhh:

Reaction score
He dumped quite a bit of money on the project I would of bought a Porsche with that kind of money.:thumbdown:

butters607

Reaction score
G, So if we have the X1 and want to switch over to the UCON what is required?

Does the UCON also require the cam gear sprockets and thermostat?

I'm sick of my X running like crap and idle droop trying to find a stabel idle....

No requirements but if i was you i woupd keep your cam gears in there man the UCON can run your truck without them but those are a saftey net for letting out those exhaust gases which means less chance of hurting your motor

Murderface

Reaction score
No requirements but if i was you i woupd keep your cam gears in there man the UCON can run your truck without them but those are a saftey net for letting out those exhaust gases which means less chance of hurting your motor

I thought G said that when he ships these UCONN's out that they have the gears and T-stat with them

Socaliallstar82

Reaction score
Ok so i realize the main reason your doing this is for the s/c applications but what's the word for us tundra guys. I've tried unichip and although it showed decent gains after a custom tune, it did nothing for my track times or trap speeds and broke twice. Then I tried your urd MAF calibrator. Got that custom tuned and only picked up 2hp 1ft/lb of tq however it runs smoother now so I'm happy about that. So that being said... 3 questions.
1) when will this be available for us NA tundra guys?
2) do I need to remove my urd MAF cal?
3) ball park about how much are we talking.

Sorry for thread jacking on a xrunner forum but I would love to finally tune this thing because I know it has so much left in it.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
When available for the Tundra, prior to install, you would need to remove the Maf Cal. As the UCON would take over and do the same and more functions than the MAF Cal.

Gadget

Reaction score
It is hard to believe that your TRD reflash on that Tundra was so dialed in that a custom tune only got you 2 HP. Most are reporting a much higher gain. One guy in CO got 38 RWHP and a guy in FL got 50 RWHP and he just got another Tundra and ordered another MAF Cal for it.

We should have the the UCON ready for the 2005-2006 Tundra real soon, like real soon along with a new supercharger system.

The 5.7 project has been underway for a little while now. The tuning part and so on is easy. It is the mechanical installation part that is going to be the hard part because of how the ECU pokes out of the firewall. We have a 5.7 Tundra and a couple of spare ECUs and are pushing that project forward as quickly as possible. No ETA. When it is ready, it will be ready.

G

Socaliallstar82

Reaction score
Yeah my tuner said the same thing. He had just done a TRD supercharged 5.7 tundra the week prior and gained like 15 hp. He was disapointed too. He was even cool enough to just charge me for the dyno time instead of tunning ($75 vs $475). He said it had something to do with Volant CAI being pretty spot on with the AFR and my DT headers already leaning me out to where I needed to be. Any more gains would have to do with timing which isnt an option for us right now.

Like i said though, it feels smoother, could be all in my head though. I cant wait for this to come out. A lot of us NA 5.7 guys have been waiting a while for something like this. Thanks again Gadget.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I'll be one of first 5.7 boosted tundra guys to have it... I'm excited ..

Top Bottom