Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ucon ems

Amo-cat3

Reaction score
I do not know anything about an updated board.

I do know that there were some problems with the original board requiring some updates to be done after they came out of production. This involved some jumper wires and some other things that had to be changed. That may or may not be what he is talking about. If it is if you provide APR with your serial number they should be able to tell you if the updates have been made to your unit or not.

G

I guess a few in the initial release must of needed a board update, but was on the phone for about an hour yesterday with David from APR and helped me out with a new map. I sent him the map I was using and he made some changes and I reloaded the new one.

Truck seems to start quicker now - haven't been on highway yet to see if i get that 55mph buck. Need to set up scangauge to check fuel trims at startup and cruising speed. Gonna go search now and learn about these fuel trims.

Gadget

Reaction score
The .04XF uses a completely different method of syncing the X-1 with the stock ECU and it will start much faster than the .03A.

If you already noticed that I will bet your bucking problem will be much better also.

G

Amo-cat3

Reaction score
The .04XF uses a completely different method of syncing the X-1 with the stock ECU and it will start much faster than the .03A.

If you already noticed that I will bet your bucking problem will be much better also.

G

Going out in a little bit and we'll see if i get that buck on the highway. Will be checking fuel trims, and gotta go find some empty road and do some data logs.

If everything is running fine I think it's time to ditch the k/n intake and get the afe stage II. Once i get the data logging done and verify my fuel trims it's all about the 2.85 pulley upgrade. :blurock:

Gadget

Reaction score
URD has been shipping the UCON in our supercharger kits for a while now.

G

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
yea i noticed that after i posted, sorry to ask so many questions but im getting serious, i sold my 15inch kicker L7 solo baric today for 300 and my unichip for 250 so i making way quick so farhopefully it will continue. :)

Kyouto42

Reaction score
G, any update on a possible release date for the 2010 release on the U-CON? My supercharger is getting really sad sitting on the shelf :/

Gadget

Reaction score
Working that problem every single day. It all comes down to getting or having that main connector made.

G

Kyouto42

Reaction score
Working that problem every single day. It all comes down to getting or having that main connector made.

G

Awesome, appreciate it. Can't wait to get everything installed and dyno'd!

dvd0020

Reaction score
Any word on when these will be available for purchase by itself? Really looking forward to buying one.

dvd0020

Reaction score
Oh I was looking on urds site and it said shipping in 30 days or something.

Gadget

Reaction score
Dispute that 30 day notice, orders kept coming in for the UCON.

We finished shipping all the back orders last week and I have put new shipments on a two week hold to allow me to catch up on many other things that were getting neglected.

G

MadToy

Reaction score
"It has dynamic active fuel control to keep the AFR on target"

I'm assuming this means closed loop, and not open loop?

808HAWAIIAN

Reaction score
is it ever gonna be available for the 09-up? thinking of selling my truck if i cant get this sick charger soon

its URD or nothing!

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
We are finalizing things for the 09 and later applications. Should be able to announce a projected release date in a few weeks.

G

MadToy

Reaction score
Not being familiar with overhead cams, do the timing gears that retard the exhaust timing sacrifice any low end power for high end?

Murderface

Reaction score
Not being familiar with overhead cams, do the timing gears that retard the exhaust timing sacrifice any low end power for high end?

I doubt it and if they do it would be very little. The whole reason behind changing the exhaust gears is to allow complete evacuation of exhaust gases

shane881510

Reaction score
is the ucon good for turbo projects. like a twin turbo setup. does all programming and tuning come already programmed in.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It would be just fine on a twin turbo setup.

It would come with most stuff preprogrammed, but I am pretty positive that some tweaking would be needed. Mainly because they don't have a twin turbo XR to do testing/fine tuning on.

Would be pretty easy though, between emailing datalogs back and forth, and whatnot.

Also, welcome to the forum. :top:

Top Bottom