Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ucon ems

Gadget

Reaction score
I have no idea what caused all 6 ign coils to fail. After testing all wiring etc etc, I swapped out the coils and am back up and running again. Urd's tech support was awesome, I sent my ucon back to g and he ran a few test and found there was an issue with the unit not reading the maf signals. He sent me a new unit as well as 6 spare coils he had laying around, I have not reinstalled it yet. I plan to with in the next few weeks. Just waiting on a few more parts for other mods I'm doing.

I really wish you would get that UCON back in so we can verify the new calibrations are working as they should. We need to do a general release to everyone else and you are holding up the show.

G

dramad1

Reaction score
I really wish you would get that UCON back in so we can verify the new calibrations are working as they should. We need to do a general release to everyone else and you are holding up the show.

G

Will do g. I didn't realize I was holding up everything. Ill see what I can do this afternoon.
Edit.
Just for home and its about to get dark so ill do my best to get it back in by this weekend. I let you know how goes it.

Last edited:

shane881510

Reaction score
I have a cel light on for the heaters on the afr sensors. will this affect the ucon and make my truck not run.

Gadget

Reaction score
Yes. The UCON needs good front sensors to properly control fuel. If they are not providing a good signal the UCON will engage the Guardian if you push to much power.

G

Gadget

Reaction score
They just burn out or break like a light bulb.

G

shane881510

Reaction score
would welding on exhaust cause it to go out. and I have o2 sin will that affect the ucon.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Always disconnect the battery when welding on the vehicle.

autobodyX

Reaction score
Yes always disconect the battery when welding on a vehicle. Some say positive some say both but I always take off the negitive cable.

shane881510

Reaction score
I had exhaust completely off. when welding but the sensors were still on the exhaust.

shane881510

Reaction score
the flash drive didn't have anything on it. it was empty. is that right

Gadget

Reaction score
The 09+ application is progressing slowly.

It seems there is an effort on the part of Toyota to actively block our access to the needed connectors.

We are searching the world for companies that have these in inventory and we are finding them. So far we have been able to get a few of the needed connectors in inventory, just need to get the few that are left and we can pull the trigger on production.

G

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
oooo that's exciting to hear!!! ^^^ :biggrin:

It is better then just waiting around until whenever they become available

Miami_X

Reaction score
The 09+ application is progressing slowly.

It seems there is an effort on the part of Toyota to actively block our access to the needed connectors.

We are searching the world for companies that have these in inventory and we are finding them. So far we have been able to get a few of the needed connectors in inventory, just need to get the few that are left and we can pull the trigger on production.

G

Thanks for the update, Gadget. I'm keeping a balance clear on PayPal account for the release of the 09+ Ucon EMS!

dramad1

Reaction score

G

G, ucon is back in as of yesterday. So far everything seems to be fine. Idle is perfect. I need to get the serial to USB connector for my lab top though. How many pins on serial port? I'm guessing I need to look on my computer. Do they sell a universal one? Also when would be a good time to contact you? I need to get a hotter tune because we also installed the y pipe. Will I be okay running the ucon now that the y is in? Thanks g!

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
G, ucon is back in as of yesterday. So far everything seems to be fine. Idle is perfect. I need to get the serial to USB connector for my lab top though. How many pins on serial port? I'm guessing I need to look on my computer. Do they sell a universal one? Also when would be a good time to contact you? I need to get a hotter tune because we also installed the y pipe. Will I be okay running the ucon now that the y is in? Thanks g!

Pick your favorite vendor :

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26%23153%3B---16%26quot%3B-USB-PDA/Serial-Adapter-Cable/7135664.p?id=1110263657278&skuId=7135664

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Belkin-6-Foot-Gold-USB-Cable/4660735

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer-Cables-Connectors/Printer-Cables/abcat0515017.c?id=abcat0515017

http://www.staples.com/Belkin-3-Pro-Series-A-B-USB-Cable/product_353847

Edited for proper USB cable G mentioned...

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
You just need a standard USB Printer Cable. The flat side plugs in to your PC and the square side plugs into the UCON's communications port.

The calibration files are currently in 3 stages:

Stage 1, with cats

Stage 2, without cats

Stage 3, turns on 7th injector, same cal as stage 2.

Keeping things real simple for everyone.

G

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey G will the UCON go back to special pricing? Or if I order before its restocked for the intro pricing?

Top Bottom