Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

upgrade

Reaction score
i want to put a short shifter, and cold air intake in.. i have a warranty on the truck not to sure what would ruin the warranty.. i know if i put headers in that would kill it, or pipes.. so what can i actually do to the truck with out ruining the warranty..

Deviant

Reaction score
In essence nothing...

However the warrant is only voided if they can prove that the object that you installed onto your truck is the direct cause of the problem. Though being a dealership they'll do everything they can to avoid warranties since they don't profit much from them. So if you wanna skip the hassle, keep it stock. If not, mod away!

utixrunner

Reaction score
I think the jba headers dont void the warranty, urdusa.com

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I think the jba headers dont void the warranty, urdusa.com

they dont, neither does the cold air intake....about the short shifter, some of the techs here at my dealership didnt even notice i had a SS put in; so you might be ok with installing that as well...but its your call. To be on the safe side, i would just do headers, and intake, and exhaust if you have left over money!:top:

utixrunner

Reaction score
if your worried about the warranty get the trd short shifter, same length throw as urd for more but dont have to worry on warranty and it cuts that ridculous stock throw in half

XxRuNnAxX

Reaction score
Yea basically if they can't prove it did some damage... then no void. With intake, exhaust, SS etc... you can't really hurt your truck too much... if at all. Now a supercharger... well thats a different story:laugh:

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
I'll tell a short story 'bout "warranty", have put this on here befor, buts it's worth posting again.
Kid buys X, desides to showoff with a 20min burnout to redline, in first gear. X has less than 3k on it, more rubber in the fender wells than on the tires, blows engine. Local Dearlership warranties it anyway, all evidence suggests abuse, didn't matter, Daddy raises enough he!!, new block on the way... Now, let them tell me if I blow mine up they won't warranty it, just because it has a Supercharger, HA :laugh:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
One of the reason I bought the TRD shifter and had it installed by the dealer... When my tranny acted up they asked me who put the shifter in and who made it. A little CYA right there...

A motor is broken in at 3,000 miles easy; break in is really bull•XR•XR•XR•XR.

Sykotic336

Reaction score
technically breakin is at 150miles believe it or not cause by the time you hit that wouldnt there be any problems if had? heh or so i was told but its broken in when ever you want it to be :D

Top Bottom