Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Urd fuel pump filter...

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I just realized that I don't even know the regular maintance schedule for the fuel filter...

When should one replace it? Also, is it a standard part number filter that I can get from autozone or the likes?

If this has been covered, then I'm sorry...:laugh:

outlaw7

Reaction score
Mine is stamped napa gold 3296 031010k1 usa so im guessing its a reg stock item at napa.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I would presume 30k miles, since that is the regualar service interval for our trucks in general, but with your purpose built truck I would say 15-20k..... :dontknow:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
It's been over 20k, VERY hard miles on it. I'll probably do it just for the peice of mind, as it's a measly 12 bucks. Plus, with NST pullies due to show next week, I need as much fuel as it can physically muster...plus, I filled up with some real piss gas out in new Mexico, on my way back from Texfest....86 octane, ass middle of nowhere..

...and yes, I never even hit positive manifold pressure for another 2 tanks of 91....

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
black stuff is gas after 29,000 miles.

that's all i needed to see...en route to NAPA now...:top:

P.S, you have been hanging out with Grumpy too much, going all barefoot and shit....:rofl:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
that's all i needed to see...en route to NAPA now...:top:

P.S, you have been hanging out with Grumpy too much, going all barefoot and shit....:rofl:
It was one of those weekend D.G.A.F. moments.:laugh:

TRDrunner07

Reaction score
Believe it or not, being a Toyota certified tech for years and have worked in a Toyota dealer also for years, the service interval for our trucks on most things is crazy. Spark plugs at 30K, trams and diff fluid at 30K. It's wild

Jap

Reaction score
Get this, there isn't even a service interval in my whole service book!

Was even told by a 'mechanic' here that there is only a filter on the pump and thats it.
lol
I changed mine at 40,000km after all that and will be doing it every 10,000 from now on

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Get this, there isn't even a service interval in my whole service book!

Was even told by a 'mechanic' here that there is only a filter on the pump and thats it.
lol
I changed mine at 40,000km after all that and will be doing it every 10,000 from now on

What da funk??? How strange. Maybe Toyotas are built maintenance free Down Under. It is a Hilux after all. Top Gear proved that you can't kill those damn things....:laugh:

Upgrade to one of these when you have the chance. ^_^

http://www.realtruck.com/ramco-flomax-300-fuel-filter-filtration-system/

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Seems like over kill, Mark....lol

Changed the filter, did like what 1gracer did....I started off with a blue parts tray, and was black layer on the bottom once the gas sat in it...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Safety is never over-kill! :eviltongue:

Gadget

Reaction score
The none USDM trucks have a fuel filter that is not inside the tank that is designed to be replaced.

The USDM trucks have that tiny fuel filter that is inside of the tank and cannot be replaced unless you buy and replace the entire tank unit. That runs between $600-700.

The second time my stock filter clogged up and leaned out my engine I was motivated to find a better solution and that turned into the URD pump/filter kit.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Necessity. The mother of invention. URD to the rescue. :top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
The none USDM trucks have a fuel filter that is not inside the tank that is designed to be replaced.

The USDM trucks have that tiny fuel filter that is inside of the tank and cannot be replaced unless you buy and replace the entire tank unit. That runs between $600-700.

The second time my stock filter clogged up and leaned out my engine I was motivated to find a better solution and that turned into the URD pump/filter kit.

G

That's retarded....I guess they assume we dont mind paying that much for a damn filter....:motz:

Gadget, what is your recommended replacement interval, since it is your kit? Maybe this can be be stickied? :dontknow:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Thing I like most is the ease of access to the filter. It took me 5 minutes to take the old one off and 5 or so minutes to put the new one on. The oem style toyota fuel filter reminds me alot of the "WS" fluid used in the new auto trans, not to be maintained unless you wanna buy a whole new unit. I'm glad URD has a solution.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score

G

Best thing that happened:top:

Blasphemous

Reaction score
I'm under the impression that my fuel filter on my OEM pump is probably clogged, how involved is the installation of the URD kit?

I know you have to drop the tank, I am just wondering if that is something that can be done with one guy.

Top Bottom