Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD MAF Tune

ironman_jon

Reaction score
I've contacted URD on the phone and via email about my request and I got " when time permits" answer.

I recently bought a URD MAF Calibrator and I need a tune for it. Is there anyone here that has one similar to what I need and would do me a favor and send me the file so I can load it.

Mods
Urd tcai
Helix tbs
Dtlt
Trd catback or urd catback

Im going on 2 weeks of having this and cant seem to find anyone with knowledge in tuning . I'll send u some money via PayPal for your time.

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Gadget at URD will get you taken care of quickly. They do a lot of volume at URD and have a relatively small workforce and at times they get busy. If there's anybody that knows about good customer service it's gadget.

Murderface

Reaction score
I take it u bought it 2nd hand, if so that explains why u didn't get it right away. I'm sure once he gets caught up on paying customer needs then he will help u

Gadget

Reaction score
I take it u bought it 2nd hand, if so that explains why u didn't get it right away. I'm sure once he gets caught up on paying customer needs then he will help u

Yep.

Pending orders where people have paid and waiting on product get taken care of first.

Customer needing tech support for a product they purchased from URD get taken care of next.

People that buy a URD product used and are looking for free tech support are put in line behind the first two.

People that buy some other product from some other vendor and want free tech support are in the back of the line.

I will get to you. You just need to wait a minute. Posting up snippy posts does not get you moved up in the batting order.

G

ironman_jon

Reaction score
Yes it was bought second NITB from a TW member.

I can wait for the tune from URD I'm just impatient I guess.

ironman_jon

Reaction score
The post never meant to be "snappy" to begin with...just going by what I learned in school and quoting the answer given to me.

As far as waiting I can wait for the tune it doesn't bother me, the part isn't going anywhere. I simply requested if anyone had such tune if they could share the wealth in return for a some money for their time. I have no problem paying for it but being that isn't a option, I have to do just what I've been doing and wait.

I've ordered from URD before and was given excellent service along with my questions I had answered. I know I will receive the same service this time so I'm not worried about it.

ironman_jon

Reaction score
I can't say if he is or not cuz I don't personally know him nor is it my business. I'm just going wait the require time.

This post I assume will probably be thrown way out of per portion.

burnboy

Reaction score
You'll need a wideband to verify any tune and adjust to where it truly needs to be. It also depends on temp, altitude, load, etc. many variables. It's global unit. Your tune will not always give you the same results depending on change of these variables

If you have the r4 software and a wideband ill send u my settings and give you a idea of how to adjust from there

Last edited:

ironman_jon

Reaction score
I really just need a starting point. I understand that the wideband ultimately will be needed to get a it near perfect but the starting point with the mods I have would be good. I'm attempting to get into tuning not only for my truck but for my mustang as well.

roy365

Reaction score
I don't see how someone can post on forums and be on the computer so much , yet be so "far behind". Just my .02. And I'm sure that will be considered snippy as well, but in reality it's merely my observation.

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^^yup seems snippy, but u won't see it cause I'm on ur ignore list ROFL. U got one guy selling all those parts to all taco, Tundra, FJ and 4Runner owners out there from I'm sure over at least 5+ forums, on top of that answer emails, Pm's from all those forums and phone calls about parts, tunes ect...........like to see u do better

Gadget

Reaction score
I don't see how someone can post on forums and be on the computer so much , yet be so "far behind". Just my .02. And I'm sure that will be considered snippy as well, but in reality it's merely my observation.

Usually surfing the Net while on the phone like right now.

Just here listening to some professional tuner with a dyno talking my ear off about how good he is, but does not understand what a scan tool is or what fuel trim deviation is.

Maybe when he runs out of breath I can get a word in, maybe not...

G

burnboy

Reaction score
Ill send you a picture of my cells tonight and you can load it and see how it does. Ill include how to create a "customer" to create a base which is gadgets tune and then my tuned map

This is a giving community. Ill give

Last edited:

ironman_jon

Reaction score
Hey Gadget I just got an email today!

Time to load this up and put it in once I hunt down the install instruction? Think my wife threw them out. FML! Thanks again I really do appreciate it.

I'll be talking to you early next year for a supercharger BTW

Ill send you a picture of my cells tonight and you can load it and see how it does. Ill include how to create a "customer" to create a base which is gadgets tune and then my tuned map

This is a giving community. Ill give

Hey burnboy thanks for the support. I'm going to be ordering a wideband next week! Anything to look for specifically?

Im going to try to progressively learn how to tune and what not. I'm sure I'll be doing lots of reading! Any programs out there that I need to know about, I've read up a little on the APR-X1 but from what I read last night it seems to not be available for 2009+ because of the harness connections?

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you get a s/c from URD it comes with a UCON.

The X-1 has not been available for a long time now.

ironman_jon

Reaction score
Alright I installed and everything runs like poop

No throttle, sputtering, CEL( throttle position sensor). Any ideas?

All connections were checked, checked and rechecked. I'm lost?:

Gadget

Reaction score
You likely have something wired wrong.

If you call me on the tech support line in the next 10 minutes I can see if I can help you. If you take longer the line will be shut down by the computer.

877-887-3872 x3

G

ironman_jon

Reaction score
Didn't get u in time. I'll call u tomorrow. I left all the wires soldered just cut the device off about 4 inches down the taped the maf sensor back together (violet and green). Truck is running fine now.

Gadget

Reaction score
I will bet you a box of donuts that I can figure it out in about 30 seconds or less....

G

Top Bottom