Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Spec-U and Full Exhaust with Sound Clip

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
yall are nuts.... it took me forever to figure out how to tighten some of the bolts... then again my hands are big. how did yall do it? I used a ratcheting wrench and a buddy to redneck them on...

I'm pretty fawking amazing. Makes life easier. :rockon:

rat7761

Reaction score
I used a deep socket with a universal joint and long extension on some and a ratcheting box wrench on others. On a few nuts near the air injection pipe, the box wrench wouldn't fit over the nut due to space. I needed to tighten those with the open end side.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I used a 12mm wrench and also a socket and ratchet for some. If I would of had a ratcheting wrench it would of been easier. Took me about 1-1/2 hrs for the headers and about 45mins-1hr for the exhaust all by myself. I didn't remove any head studs either. Just loosened the passenger motor mount and jacked that side of the engine up enough to slide the headers in. Also on a 06 so no air injection crap to deal with.

Reaction score
I used a 12mm wrench and also a socket and ratchet for some. If I would of had a ratcheting wrench it would of been easier. Took me about 1-1/2 hrs for the headers and about 45mins-1hr for the exhaust all by myself. I didn't remove any head studs either. Just loosened the passenger motor mount and jacked that side of the engine up enough to slide the headers in. Also on a 06 so no air injection crap to deal with.

We just turned and twisted and pushed until it got in there, then lined it up and bolted on. .. No head studs I think

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
My stuff showed today. Had some daylight after work so did the Y pipe and rear exhaust. Took less than an hour at an easy pace. The headers look pretty easy too. I'll get those done on Saturday along with injectors.

Aside from wishing I had a third hand when I was putting together the coupling at the flex joint, everything went together without any swearing. If I was smarter I would have assembled that before I was on my back under the truck...

rat7761

Reaction score
My stuff showed today. Had some daylight after work so did the Y pipe and rear exhaust. Took less than an hour at an easy pace. The headers look pretty easy too. I'll get those done on Saturday along with injectors.

Aside from wishing I had a third hand when I was putting together the coupling at the flex joint, everything went together without any swearing. If I was smarter I would have assembled that before I was on my back under the truck...

Yup, that V-band clamp is a beeotch haha.

Nashman

Reaction score
We have shipped instruction for the 12+ versions since we had been shipping them. The very first few may of gone out without instructions.

Just finished the Pre- 12 version instructions and those will be shipping with new orders.

G

people don't read instructions they just glance at them

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
I finished mine last night. I'm thankful for not having air injection as I can see how that would have gotten in the way.

My steering slip joint was argumentative going back together. I ended up taking it off completely and expanding it quite a bit. Of course my steering wheel is a spline off now. Sigh.

Aside from that, it was just the standard exercise in joint flexibility that most header installs are.

Got the rest of my stage 2 stuff on as well. Guess it's time to make some dyno pulls.

4x4fiend

Reaction score
I put mine in around November or so I think, install wasn't that bad. I ended up getting two passenger side headers, which was dealt with quickly and easily (and the weather held up until I finished which was a miracle :canada:)

Dropping the drive shaft was really all I needed, getting at the bolts (especially to tighten them down at the end) was a bastard, but just took some time. Dunno how you'd ever expect to get a torque wrench on there. Removing the rear studs is definitely key, and jacking the motor a bit, even with the motor mounts tightened down.

I also wrapped the headers in an old t-shirt and taped them up, makes for a lot less cringes when your banging em around the steering shaft. Then just cut the shirt off at the end.

Top Bottom