Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Spec-U Exhaust

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I finally fixed mine. Two resonators welded in just after the O2 sensor bungs. I'll do a better explanation of it tomorrow when I have more time.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally fixed mine. Two resonators welded in just after the O2 sensor bungs. I'll do a better explanation of it tomorrow when I have more time.

Ya but it defeats the purpose. You go cat less for no restriction and the ability to tune it just a little hotter. By adding cats back in you have to tune it richer and even if they're "high flow" they're still a bottleneck. I have faith, a solution can and will be found.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Ya but it defeats the purpose. You go cat less for no restriction and the ability to tune it just a little hotter. By adding cats back in you have to tune it richer and even if they're "high flow" they're still a bottleneck. I have faith, a solution can and will be found.

I think you read that wrong buddy. Resonators not cats by any means. They are straight through 2.25" same as the spec-u system Y they are slightly larger on the outside. No restriction at all. Sound is exactly the same minus that horrible rasp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 191

x-runner kid

Reaction score
This is the inside no different in restriction from the resonator that's already in place in the system just a different shape. No need to look for a solution I already found one haha. Only cost me $50 per vibrant resonator and $20 for the stainless arc welding rod and my time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 204

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
This is the inside no different in restriction from the resonator that's already in place in the system just a different shape. No need to look for a solution I already found one haha. Only cost me $50 per vibrant resonator and $20 for the stainless arc welding rod and my time.

What P/N did you use?

x-runner kid

Reaction score
What P/N did you use?

I should have time to get some pictures tomorrow as well as get a much more in depth explaination of how and what I did. Not likely to do a full write up but at the least something to help those with the same issue.

fishsticks

Reaction score
I ordered a pair or resonators, Vibrant P/N 1790 (2.25"x12"). They'll be here Monday. I'll burn em in Monday afternoon if work lets out early.

Tom2769

Reaction score
XRKid, thanks for stepping up and figuring out a fix for this issue. I've temporarily swapped back to my old exhaust until a fix was found - just couldn't take the buzzing anymore.

Fish, post up your results when you get them burned in...

x-runner kid

Reaction score
So glad to have the forum up and running again I will have to get new pictures as I somehow managed to put my phone is the washer machine on Tuesday. I will take some time tomorrow to use the go pro and go through my laptop and post up some pictures and videos of the system for all to see my fix and hopefully it helps others as well as G to put a stop to rasp.

akakrill

Reaction score
We had a few to many complaints about resonance from the system. So, stopped shipping it until we can sort out why it works very nicely on some trucks and not others.

We have a revised version in testing and if all goes well will release it soon.

G

Not complaining, but that's what that sound is.. I couldn't pin point it for the life of me.... it is not effecting performance or afr as far as I can tell. The hiss on mine accelerating under load sounds like a leaking charged intake pipe. A minor issue really.. but if your revising the design, count me in...

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Not complaining, but that's what that sound is.. I couldn't pin point it for the life of me (until I talked to NHXRUNNER).... it is not effecting performance or afr as far as I can tell. The hiss on mine accelerating under load sounds like a leaking charged intake pipe. A minor issue really.. but if your revising the design, count me in...

Fixed for you :rolleyes:

fishsticks

Reaction score
So where was the hissing coming from then?
I thought I had a boost leak as well. I even made a thread about it on here awhile back. I tore my truck apart looking for it until I realized it was the exhaust.

fishsticks

Reaction score
The resonators made a massive improvement. Cab noise at 2000-2500 RPM while under load is reduced and the hiss/rasp/resonance/whatevermarketingfriendlytermyouwanttocallit is gone. This thing actually sounds like an $1100 exhaust now.

If you want to add these, you will need the updated passenger side collector pipe that G sent out. The resonator won't fit between the bends on the original piece. I don't know if G is still making these available or not.

I took pictures if anyone wants to do a DIY.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Post up the pictures already. Mr. Cliffhanger

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Do it but create your own thread, we can link it from here but I think we should stop cluttering G's thread.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I have been dealing with phone issues but I should have something up in a new thread by the end of today. Sorry for the delay and the clutter on G's thread.

Top Bottom