Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD SS Installation Manual

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I seemed to have lost mine and need to check out the SS --- my shifter has been feeling very awkward the last couple weeks and I was gonna take it apart (in the dark) tonight and make sure everything still looks good.

Could someone post a link???

gerk

Reaction score
you dont realy need it. its simple stuff. try emailing gaget maybe?

Jonathan

Reaction score
it is very easy. i will get you a link in one second.......

edit

http://www.sporttruck.com/techarticles/0602st_toyota_tacoma_urd_short_shifter/photo_15.html

also, the looseness is your shifter falling apart (the rubber bushing in the shifter handle). it seems everyones is doing it now. the dealer might replace it, or you can drill holes in the shifter and fill it with something hard. it appears this is not from the URD SS since people with stock shifter are having this issue as well.

Last edited:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
also, the looseness is your shifter falling apart. it seems everyones is doing it now. the dealer might replace it, or you can drill holes in the shifter and fill it with something hard. it appears this is not from the URD SS since people with stock shifter are having this issue as well.

I had heard that... if I have to take it to the dealer to fix it - do I need to remove the SS first? I've a lot of ppl removing the SS when taking the truck in for service.

Jonathan

Reaction score
I had heard that... if I have to take it to the dealer to fix it - do I need to remove the SS first? I've a lot of ppl removing the SS when taking the truck in for service.

in my opinion, might as well. it only reduces the chances of the dealer not taking blame (which they might try to pull on a stock truck anyways), so its your call. IMO i would just fix it myself to prevent it from happening again.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
in my opinion, might as well. it only reduces the chances of the dealer not taking blame (which they might try to pull on a stock truck anyways), so its your call. IMO i would just fix it myself to prevent it from happening again.

So I can still fix it if the damage has been done already? I know that Gadget said to use this stuff:
theRightStuff.jpg

Jonathan

Reaction score
So I can still fix it if the damage has been done already? I know that Gadget said to use this stuff:
theRightStuff.jpg

yep, you can fix it after its already loose. the product you posted should work just fine.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I think taking it off would be a hassel though. The screws that you have to punch will have to be replaced. The dealer won't say anything too cause it doesn't affect any other part of the truck except the shifter. Now if they say that you engine is running poorly cause of it...THEY ARE FULL OF IT! :stupid:

Jonathan

Reaction score
I think taking it off would be a hassel though. The screws that you have to punch will have to be replaced. The dealer won't say anything too cause it doesn't affect any other part of the truck except the shifter. Now if they say that you engine is running poorly cause of it...THEY ARE FULL OF IT! :stupid:

the screws do not need to replaced if it was installed correctly.

gerk

Reaction score
when i had my trany replaced i just kept the ss in. they didnt say anything about it.

DOGO X

Reaction score
Man I need to install mine, is being at home for about 10 months in a box!

07XR808

Reaction score
when i had my trany replaced i just kept the ss in. they didnt say anything about it.
they probably didn't care because toyota sells SS. aren' the TRD and URD identical?

Top Bottom