Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD sts feeling stock now...

bluXkid

Reaction score
Almost two months ago I installed the URD short throw shifter kit. It felt great for about a month. Now it's feeling like stock did. Long throws, kinda mushy and blah. What's the deal?

justin13703

Reaction score
Almost two months ago I installed the URD short throw shifter kit. It felt great for about a month. Now it's feeling like stock did. Long throws, kinda mushy and blah. What's the deal?

Your shifter arm took a dump.

jimx

Reaction score
LOL, for real. That's why I went with the B&M

justin13703

Reaction score
Contact coupe and get one of his shifter assemblies. That and the urd short shifter was the best thing I did to my truck.

bluXkid

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to pull it all apart. Couple of questions, does the white clip on the end of the shifter need replacing and should the top spring retainer be loose?
IMAG0231.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

But yes, you guys are right. The rubber inside the arm is shot. I'm wondering should I just take off the URD stuff and back to stock. Then pick up a TRD shifter....

justin13703

Reaction score
Message coupe. Pick up one of his shifter arms. That on top of the urd short shifter that you already have is the best shifter combo for this truck. And will be a lot cheaper than a Trd.

Oh and that white bushing does need replaced. You can get them from the dealership for relatively cheap. That spring retainer should be tight when the shifter is locked in place.

Last edited:

bluXkid

Reaction score
Nice, I'm leaning towards one I think. I'm going to have to do something. There's more slop in mine now than stock.

bluXkid

Reaction score
Message coupe. Pick up one of his shifter arms. That on top of the urd short shifter that you already have is the best shifter combo for this truck. And will be a lot cheaper than a Trd.

He's selling them? I thought he just did the write up on how to do the mod.

bluXkid

Reaction score
I see now that he sells them. Sent him a message. Is he still active on the forum?

Coupe

Reaction score
PM sent.

I am usually on here every day, though I may not post.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
He sells them but also has a write up. I put a write up as well a few years ago. If you can weld you can do the mod yourself and it's pretty much free. The white bushing can be replaced but usually is not needed but if you in there might as well do it can't hurt.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Most ppl that had an issue with the URD kit had to do with the ppl not properly installing the set screws on the ball extension. I have had mine installed and custom chopped since 2007 with no issues at all.

justin13703

Reaction score
Most ppl that had an issue with the URD kit had to do with the ppl not properly installing the set screws on the ball extension. I have had mine installed and custom chopped since 2007 with no issues at all.

Exactly. User error. Gotta follow the instructions lol

iniquity

Reaction score
That doesn't surprise me at all. URD is known for quality parts and I doubt they'd have a kit that was garbage.. But still, that additional room for error swayed me towards the TRD one as well. I'm not exactly a mechanic, and I generally try to avoid having me be the source of the problem. Not to mention, the URD kit is supposedly an even greater reduction in throw length. I can't imagine it being any shorter!

justin13703

Reaction score
That doesn't surprise me at all. URD is known for quality parts and I doubt they'd have a kit that was garbage.. But still, that additional room for error swayed me towards the TRD one as well. I'm not exactly a mechanic, and I generally try to avoid having me be the source of the problem. Not to mention, the URD kit is supposedly an even greater reduction in throw length. I can't imagine it being any shorter!

Put an 8.5 inch coupe shortened shifter arm on top of the urd and you can flip your wrist through all 6 gears lol. Gotta give it a good slap into reverse.

Top Bottom