Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD trac bar pre-load

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
So, i got a few questions about anyones experince with the preload setting on the URD trac bar. So, which way should the snout of the diff end up pointing, compared to its normal position? Up, or down? it seems that im still getting a quite a bit of axle hop when i launch hard...:hmmmm2: Any help or thoughts would be appricated.

xrgilly

Reaction score
play with it drive it play with it drive it till u find the spot u like everyones will prob be a lil different

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
. . . . :giggity:

You guys are a lot of help... :laugh:I'm not asking for exactly ****ing settings, but what ever, I think I set the preload in the wrong direction, so now ill try the other, judging by what I learnededed from teh interwebz.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

Murderface

Reaction score
Yup, the end of the trac bar should in theory be pointing up when u adjust it, the adjuster should lengthen up as u adjust the preload, so this should make the pinion angle go towards the sky. I gotta do mine to, sometimes I get wheel hop and sometimes I get none.

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Yup, the end of the trac bar should in theory be pointing up when u adjust it, the adjuster should lengthen up as u adjust the preload, so this should make the pinion angle go towards the sky. I gotta do mine to, sometimes I get wheel hop and sometimes I get none.

I adjusted it and it made a huge difference. I used my hydro, to help launch my truck. Just a Tad bit of axle hop off the line with a 2500rpm launch. I was able to punch it as soon as it stopped. No wheelspin and second gear did a nice little fish tail.:rockon:

This was with my shocks on 4. Next Sunday I'm drag racing, hence this thread. I'm shooting to beat my buddy's 383 stroker powered Nova...he runs high 8's in the 1/8th.

Top Bottom