Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD vs TRD Perf Facts

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I understand what everybody is saying that it's not a fair comparison between a DC and XR, and how this is an XR specific site, but in my opinion, XRunnit is just trying to show the power potential of the URD s/c kits vs the TRD s/c kit. I'm not trying to start any argument or anything but as the title of the thread states urd vs trd perf. You take away the gear ratio factor and basically it's a drivers race. I know I'm only digging myself deeper here so I'm just gonna stop already. Again it's just my opinion and not trying to start an argument over something so silly.

You can compare urd/trd performance numbers, I do think that is indeed the point of the thread....I do however still feel that the dragtimes are perhaps the more controversial aspect of it....Besides dragtimes are more driver than modded vehicle....To each their own! :rock:

gameXRunner

Reaction score
Exactly, if you dont have the driver that knows what hes doing, your not gonna see too big of a difference in dragtimes. Yet, i still say that TRD has it all. Thats all I buy.

Murderface

Reaction score
Update the 0-60 time for TRD, werty had posted a 4 sec flat time with his last track appearence(unless he has no proof)

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
You can compare urd/trd performance numbers, I do think that is indeed the point of the thread....I do however still feel that the dragtimes are perhaps the more controversial aspect of it....Besides dragtimes are more driver than modded vehicle....To each their own! :rock:

Old post, but the thread got revived somewhere.
There needs to be more vehicles in the pool to get a better comparison on the drag times. There are quite a few times from TRD trucks, but as far as I know I am the only MKII powered truck to post up 1/4 mile times. Driver mod will be a big factor in the times. And even though Jason was comparing MPH to limit the factor it still plays a big part. I suck at driving and I'll admit that, and my truck doesn't care much for drag racing which is another factor.
I guess what I am saying is take don't take the info as anything more than a few people throwing out numbers. Too many factors and not nearly a broad enough vehicle pool to get any kind of apple to apples comparison.

Any way you choose to do it you will be happy with a boosted truck.

but seriously URD power FTMFW

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^^ why u gotta hide the URD power FTMFW? Ur allowed to say it without being bashed. Well I won't bash URD anyway

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
^^^^ why u gotta hide the URD power FTMFW? Ur allowed to say it without being bashed. Well I won't bash URD anyway

just for fun. Everyone should already know I am a URD diehard. But I am not gonna hate the TRD boys because they have some mighty fast trucks too.

ntinhri

Reaction score

he doesnt want to be called out as a nut hugger.......... lol

Update Ill be posting up some new TRD numbers. Im going to a test and tune sat from 10-5.. I should have plenty of time to work on my over all times!! I cant wait.. THink Im sticking to street tires and Im sure Ill use LC.. I hope to data log and shoot some videos!

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score

Update Ill be posting up some new TRD numbers. Im going to a test and tune sat from 10-5.. I should have plenty of time to work on my over all times!! I cant wait.. THink Im sticking to street tires and Im sure Ill use LC.. I hope to data log and shoot some videos!

Very nice. Tracks don't open up for another month here. But when they do I will be back and hopefully faster than last year.

ntinhri

Reaction score
Very nice. Tracks don't open up for another month here. But when they do I will be back and hopefully faster than last year.

Weather forcast is high of 55* low night before is 32* and sat night is 40* the last I checked! I should see some cool temps in the morning! Hope I can stick it! lowering tire pressure uping the boost! going for high MPH and low times.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I wont lie, if I had the money to go that route, id like to get the urd unit to see what that beast feels like...Ive driven Trd trucks and nobody local has the URD. I've heard nothing but good things from those who own it...but its not in my "direct budget" meaning I can by the supporting mods for the trd eventually at least but what it boils down is that I want a faster truck not the fastest....:top: BUMP for more facts!

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Update the 0-60 time for TRD, werty had posted a 4 sec flat time with his last track appearence(unless he has no proof)

He has lots of proof, but being a 4wd launch really skews the comparison that we are trying to get.

Its not fair for people to think that putting a TRD blower on will get them a 0-60 in 4 seconds in their XR.

So for that reason, the numbers will be XR only.

There needs to be more vehicles in the pool to get a better comparison on the drag times. There are quite a few times from TRD trucks, but as far as I know I am the only MKII powered truck to post up 1/4 mile times. Driver mod will be a big factor in the times.

I agree 110%. I try to push the MKII guys out as much as I can.

Hell Gadget needs to run his truck, but won't because "he's not a good driver" as he claims. Which I think is a BS excuse. As you can almost always tell driver error from vehicle performance.

But at the same time, most of the people out there just don't understand the difference. When I ran my 13.6 @ 106.8, someone said something along the lines of "i expected better times" or "that is pretty quick" completely disregarding the 2.28 60' foot, or the MPH.

So in that aspect, even a fast truck can be deemed slow if the ET isn't "impressive" to the rest of the community.

just for fun. Everyone should already know I am a URD diehard. But I am not gonna hate the TRD boys because they have some mighty fast trucks too.

this is why I <3 you. :biggrin:

I think its funny that anybody that doesn't swear by URD is a hater.

With your mods, i expect to see a 107+ mph trap from you. Don't let me down.

And now that I know your track is opening up, I'll be pestering you a lot more.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score

And now that I know your track is opening up, I'll be pestering you a lot more.

Shut your mouth and get to the track yourself. I have not seen anything but talk since you did all your work. :eviltongue:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Shut your mouth and get to the track yourself. I have not seen anything but talk since you did all your work. :eviltongue:

I know... :(

it makes me sad. the plan was to hit the April 9th test and tune, and see how the bitch runs street tires, no traction bars. but now it looks like work is extending my shift another month.

So i may have to take a sick day and go out. Got my oil cooler coming in soon, and new o2 sensors, then to the track i go.

Super Werty

Reaction score
I think the best comparison would be to remove my TRD unit and replace with a URD kit. My numbers and mph are extremely consistent, more so than any other truck on the forum, thanks to the auto and 4x4.

I dont have any plans to do that, not yet at least.

If I ever decided to get more power I would buy a new motor, forged internals, and start over.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I think the best comparison would be to remove my TRD unit and replace with a URD kit. My numbers and mph are extremely consistent, more so than any other truck on the forum, thanks to the auto and 4x4.

I dont have any plans to do that, not yet at least.

If I ever decided to get more power I would buy a new motor, forged internals, and start over.

Your instant low end TQ is what gets your heavy truck off the line so quickly in 4 wheel drive.

ntinhri

Reaction score
Looks like a good morning to play at the track!!! NICE and COOL!

31.gif

33° F

Precip:
0%

7 am

31.gif

33° F

Precip:
0%

8 am

32.gif

34° F