Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Viking Coilovers?

Arcenik

Reaction score
So I saw this on Facebook and thought I would share it. If you having trouble getting a top mount made this might be a solution for you.

viking c211r with stock top hat.jpg

This is a Viking c211r shock with a 12" spring, using the stock top hats.

Arcenik

Reaction score
100% improvement the separate adjustability make a world of a difference.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
So wait a minute, this is a direct swap coilover conversion using our stock top hat? If so start a new thread with this topic!!

Arcenik

Reaction score
That’s what it looks like, someone needs to try it and confirm.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I've moved these posts into a new thread because there seems to be a new topic to discuss.

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Grrreat,
I finally got 3 sets of mounts water cut! They're being welded and powder coated next week.
No one put down a deposit so I only asked for 3 sets. I've should known better and just my luck‼️
Anyone want some overpriced papers weights?

My only concern is that OE top hat is "Only" designed to hold the shock in the center, Not the spring & shock⁉️ Don't think It's designed to support the weight of the truck in the center. The spring on the OE mount is supported under the outer edge under the bolts that are supported by the spring cup of the frame. Time will tell though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AZ

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
My only concern is that OE top hat is "Only" designed to hold the shock in the center, Not the spring & shock⁉️ Don't think It's designed to support the weight of the truck in the center. The spring on the OE mount is supported under the outer edge under the bolts that are supported by the spring cup of the frame.

That's a great point....I imagine a new top hat could be designed to compensate

C10Ben

Reaction score
Grrreat,
I finally got 3 sets of mounts water cut! They're being welded and powder coated next week.
No one put down a deposit so I only asked for 3 sets. I've should known better and just my luck‼️
Anyone want some overpriced papers weights?

My only concern is that OE top hat is "Only" designed to hold the shock in the center, Not the spring & shock⁉️ Don't think It's designed to support the weight of the truck in the center. The spring on the OE mount is supported under the outer edge under the bolts that are supported by the spring cup of the frame. Time will tell though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AZ
I planned on buying some from slick and dirty within a week or so . If you have a comparable set for the same price I’d be willing to take a pair off your hands

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Not the same design. More or less a copy of XII performance.
As for price I have no idea because he won't tell me! I have asked several times but I don't want to push it and have him tell me to find another guy!

SOHCmyDOHC

Reaction score
That's a great point....I imagine a new top hat could be designed to compensate
That could be done but production costs would come into play. And we’ve seen how much of a hard sell getting tophats done already.

I’m all for ingenuity but the design posted has a flaw that AZSL has mentioned. All the stress on the central point of what looks like a stock unreinforced tophat.

easts1d3

Reaction score
Would you be interested in a billet aluminum top hat that is CNC machined that is also hard anodized?

Ive been wanting to manufacture them for while now..

easts1d3

Reaction score
:cool:

Please do and I really feel bad for saying this because I have no room to talk but,..Please Hurry‼️

AZ

I started on the design already!

I am going to 3D print it so I can mock it up on the truck before making it from aluminum

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I started on the design already!

I am going to 3D print it so I can mock it up on the truck before making it from aluminum

So you're going for the XII style mount?

easts1d3

Reaction score
So you're going for the XII style mount?

No it will not be like the XII style mount. It will be solid aluminum cnc machined and slotted to accommodate the rod end with a through bolt to hold the top end of the shock.

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
IMG_0804.PNG

Not the best photo but hopefully you get the idea. This mount is for 6 lug suspension. From the photo the attachment / mounting bolts thread in from the top.
I suggest you look at coilovers for 6 lug trucks. "I" understand the only difference is the spacing of the attachment bolts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom