Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VSS and Reverse Wire locations

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Just take the parking brake brake wire and connect it to the headunits ground. It will think the brake is on and work. As for the VSS I can't say. I have no issues on my Pioneer not connected.

Snakerb

Reaction score
SO happy I'm on XRU. Was thinking of paying someone to install my backup camera till I found this thread. One question though, where's the parking brake wire located exactly and what color is it? I looked for it near the lever but couldn't find it.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is a green & yellow wire that goes from the Skid Control ECU to the Parking Brake Switch:

Skid_Control_ECU.png

Where the switch is (P6 M/T):

Instrument_Panel.png

Hopefully you can find and trace the wire from there to somewhere you can easily get to it.

Good luck! :top:

Hope this is the wire you're looking for... I've never done this mod.

Someone that has actually done this please chime in with an easier spot to access this wire!!!

Snakerb

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if I find it.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Ground the park brake wire to have the DVD part on anytime...if that's the reason your looking for that wire.

Snakerb

Reaction score
My Pioneer double din won't let me get away with simply grounding it like most other stereos.

dramad1

Reaction score
My Pioneer double din won't let me get away with simply grounding it like most other stereos.

You can get the brake bypass for the newer model pioneer double dins on eBay for about 10 bucks. Some of the older ones you can make a relay to bypass the parking brake but the new ones this will not work. You need to get one that produces a double pulse.
Hope this helps a Lil. Just type in what model you have and brake bypass. The newer bypass things also bypass the navi if you ever plan to upgrade your HU in future.

roy365

Reaction score
Great info guys. This will come in handy this wknd during my NAV/DVD install.

Thank you!

Snakerb

Reaction score
You can get the brake bypass for the newer model pioneer double dins on eBay for about 10 bucks. Some of the older ones you can make a relay to bypass the parking brake but the new ones this will not work. You need to get one that produces a double pulse.
Hope this helps a Lil. Just type in what model you have and brake bypass. The newer bypass things also bypass the navi if you ever plan to upgrade your HU in future.

I currently have mine grounded with the temp controls as a temporary fix and it works, but it keeps telling me that's not the parking brake lol. I'm gonna look the brake bypass for mine and hook up my backup camera this weekend hopefully. Thanks for all the info guys.

justin13703

Reaction score
I currently have mine grounded with the temp controls as a temporary fix and it works, but it keeps telling me that's not the parking brake lol. I'm gonna look the brake bypass for mine and hook up my backup camera this weekend hopefully. Thanks for all the info guys.
What model is your radio? If its this year's model it may need a double pulse like dramad said. If its an older one you can use a standard relay. Connect the green ebrake wire to pin 30. ground out both 86 and 87. Connect the blue/white wire to pin 85. And its bypassed.

If it is a Avic series radio it is a different process but is even easier.

Also I found my e brake wire in a pretty easy place when I did my alarm/rs, I just cant remember where lol.

Snakerb

Reaction score
What model is your radio? If its this year's model it may need a double pulse like dramad said. If its an older one you can use a standard relay. Connect the green ebrake wire to pin 30. ground out both 86 and 87. Connect the blue/white wire to pin 85. And its bypassed.

If it is a Avic series radio it is a different process but is even easier.

Also I found my e brake wire in a pretty easy place when I did my alarm/rs, I just cant remember where lol.

Got a guy at the stereo store where I get my stuff to do the relay work for me, colour coated wired and all. I jut gotta install it and do my reverse now.

Top Bottom