Wheel Re-Drilling and Rebuilding

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
What's up everyone. So I've got a lead on a discontinued set of HRE's that I've wanted forever. The problem is they're 5x112 so they'll need to be re-drilled to 5x114.3. They also need two front barrels or for those two barrels to be welded. ANNNNND I want to powder coat them to make them spanky new. Anyone have a recommendation for a good shop? I can't seem to find a shop locally to do it.

Gadget

That reminds me. I have some HRE wheels stored away somewhere. They were on an XRunner. I should try to find them and send you a picture.

radracer_x

What kind of wheel is it? Two or Three piece wheel? Currently threepiece.us/ is doing my leon hardiritt ordens and should be finished next month. They're kinda expensive for their work but I think they can help with your requirements.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
What kind of wheel is it? Two or Three piece wheel? Currently threepiece.us/ is doing my leon hardiritt ordens and should be finished next month. They're kinda expensive for their work but I think they can help with your requirements.

HRE 3-piece

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member

20x10 +15, 20x10.5 +25
7A038C7A-DC18-4076-905A-75D1E0373F6A.png

Going to the same scheme as I currently have, matte black faces and gloss black lips.

XeddeX

@NHXRUNNER

It slipped my mind because i was only thinking of a wheel rebuilder... but you might not need it.

Look into "wobble bolts". It allows the fitment of 5x112 wheels onto a 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
@NHXRUNNER

It slipped my mind because i was only thinking of a wheel rebuilder... but you might not need it.

Look into "wobble bolts". It allows the fitment of 5x112 wheels onto a 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

Wobble bolts are exactly that, bolts. I'd need "wobble nuts" :D

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
why not get an adapter instead of redrilling? definitely cheaper alternative. Wobbles lugs aren't safe especially for the long hauls that you do.

The offset of the wheels I'm look at are perfect for the truck as is and an adapter is at least an inch thick. Also I'm already running my current wheels on a spacer and I don't want to run one with a new wheel setup.