Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which Clutch to buy?

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
Ok, 2007 X with 70k on it. Looking at getting a new clutch, however not sure which one!
I don't drift, don't drag, do flog it every once in awhile, so competition is not nesesary.
Stock engine. No plan on boosting or Turboing. A daily driver as well.

Advice?

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Stock clutch/pressure plate and URD's fix for chattering clutches.

If you don't get URD's kit make sure to replace that TOB while ya got it apart...

OH, and feel free to PM me a link to the rest of the photos from your Avatar LOL

Dave in Dusty Doha, Qatar
Deployed Gov't Contractor in need of some Alcohol Abuse LOL

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
Grumpy I'll have a beer for ya before I get on the Plane, flying back to Cali today. I plan on doing the TOB fix from URD, gotta do that. At least will be saving money on the stock stuff. I wish I had the rest of that photo. :biggrin:

Has anyone tried Exedy OEM part #TYK1503 it's a little less than 300. Not sure if I should go with direct replacement from Toyota or an aftermarket OEM type?

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
The Stage 3 Clutch we have is the best all around clutch. It is great for both boosted and N/A applications.

G

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
Stage 3? really I thought that was a little jumpy for N/A trucks?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Ive been running a Stage3 with the lightweight flywheel from Urd since may. Takes a little getting used to but after a while it becomes just like driving a stock one. Def your best choice and if your plans change (aka boost or anything else) it will still hold the power!!

dramad1

Reaction score
I vote spec2+ clutch. Since your n/a and only punch it now and then.

05 TwinSnail-XR

Reaction score
Look into Fidanza flywheel and spec 2+ clutch combo. kinda pricey but worth every penny. Thats what im putting on my Twin turbo XR.

justin13703

Reaction score
The Stage 3 Clutch we have is the best all around clutch. It is great for both boosted and N/A applications.

G
^ What he said. Ive had my Stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel from URD for about a year and I love it. It takes a little getting used to because it obviously grabs alot better than stock but once its broken in there isnt any shuttering or anything. I love it and even though I'm boosted it would still be a great one for an n/a truck.

MonteSS8707

Reaction score
I have yet to install my CC Stage 3 clutch, but I plan on staying n/a and thats what I went with. Seems that a lot of ppl on here run that one.

05 TwinSnail-XR

Reaction score
Yea but a plus side to the fidanza flywheel is that you can change the pads for cheap making it the last flywheel you will ever need.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea but a plus side to the fidanza flywheel is that you can change the pads for cheap making it the last flywheel you will ever need.

For a DD truck I wouldn't go with a fidanza fly. Yes the friction pad can be replaced but you have to replace it before it wears too far and literally grinds off the heads of the bolts....

Plus with the fidanza, not that it will happen but more hardware attached to it leaves more room for failures....

An upgraded steel fly will give ya enough pickup/response for a dd

also with those twin snails I would imagine a stage 2+ would still have a lot of slip, why not 3+ or even 4.....

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I have heard exedy is an ok oem replacement in general but for out application haven't heard anyone that ran it...

05 TwinSnail-XR

Reaction score
Ive never heard of a Fidanza wheel ever failing. And as far as a spec 2+ and not higher is cause iI still tow with my truck and cause the wife still jumps in it every once in a while. I just put the fidanza and spes 2+ in this weekend at my job and it feels great. Havnt riped into her yet still waiting for breakin. And an other thing is that the stock flywheel and clutch that came out did not look bad at all for being under boost for almost 5 years and 44k now.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
My clutch flat out died. I'm hoping my flywheel isn't damaged. I'm just going to keep it stock. As much as I want a lightened flywheel I actually use my truck as a truck and the stock flywheel will be better for towing and hauling bikes.

gsxrdoug

Reaction score
Tahoe I'm in your shoes I tote my bikes around and like the fact there is some low end grunt and really don't want to worry about changing to much that will require attention in the long run, just wondering if OEM or OEM copy would work for daily. I'm sure OEM is not cheap either.

Top Bottom