Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why does my X creak when the chassis flexes?

roy365

Reaction score
Anytime slowly pulling over a bump, etc or backing up it makes a creaking sound. Sometimes even just letting the clutch out. :hmmmm2: Is it bushings, or the leaf springs? Anyone ever tackled this? It's driving me batty. :stupid:

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Any idea if the noise is coming from the inside, outside, front, back?

roy365

Reaction score
Back.....suspension related. I'm leaning towards the leaf springs. Not lowered.....nothing done to the suspension that I know of. I'm the second owner. Just didn't know if there is anything to do to fix it.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
It might be the swaybar bushings, they start to makd noise after they get woren out. I know mine did.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
well i got an almost brand new truck put 15k on it and it has that squek also

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
mine does that too! too bad mine is out of the 36,000/3 yrs too! damn

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
Mine too I have narrowed it to the rear end either sway bar bushings or shock bushings

TSB on Leaf springs, Mine had that also:top:

Can't be because I have the steel leads from xii performance

Last edited:

RE_TRD_X808

Reaction score
Back.....suspension related. I'm leaning towards the leaf springs. Not lowered.....nothing done to the suspension that I know of. I'm the second owner. Just didn't know if there is anything to do to fix it.

I had the same problem, Stock and Dropped. I sprayed white lithium grease on the leaf spring clamps and it went away. wd40 works too.

madtrucker

Reaction score
Mine does it too. It's pretty noisy when I go over uneven ground w/ the windows down.

roy365

Reaction score
I had the same problem, Stock and Dropped. I sprayed white lithium grease on the leaf spring clamps and it went away. wd40 works too.

Looks like those new pads/shims are supposed to take care of it. Nothing to the install either it seems.

Nashman

Reaction score
most of the time it the front bumper support since it looses up over time mine does it just have not bother to tighten up the bolts yet

Top Bottom