Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Cheap & Easy DTRL and Alternating Signal Mod!!!

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
I dont have those halos anymore. I've some crystal clears now. (looks stock but the reflector is clear and the blinker cover is clear) I may do the DTRL see how I like it.

i think they would look sweet :top: just came back in from the freezing rain, the bulbs are flashing at normal speed now that I have changed the rear bulbs back to stock :smile:, I'll miss my LED ones, but bulbs are alot easier to change out than flashers :rolleyez:

I'll try to take some pics/vids for u NixXR when the weather is nicer :biggrin:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
You having 6k makes it better I just want to see what the colors look like together. I want to do it but I'm afraid it will be too many colors with the orange lights, 6k HIDs and my nokya fogs.
Once your headlights are on, you really wont be able to see the turn signals very much.
Here's a link to BrokenVendetta's with 6500K HIDs. Hope it helps!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v254/brokenvendetta/?action=view&current=MVI_0425.flv
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v254/brokenvendetta/?action=view&current=MVI_0425.flv

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
Once your headlights are on, you really wont be able to see the turn signals very much.

X2, you can still make out your normal turn signals but can barely see your parking lights flash, I love this mod during sunrise/sunset...other than that it's barely noticeble but still a cool lil mod :biggrin:

gotta help me with this next dc meet!

sure bro, anything for the DC crew :top:....but will you be attending this time? :laugh:

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
DO you have a pic or Video with your HIDs on

You having 6k makes it better I just want to see what the colors look like together. I want to do it but I'm afraid it will be too many colors with the orange lights, 6k HIDs and my nokya fogs.

hey you go bro, sorry it took a while. just comparison pics, no vids yet (stupid iphone)

Just DTRLs:
12-5-08003.jpg

HIDs with DTRLs:
12-5-08004.jpg

larojax-r

Reaction score
I just did this mod (thanks Jay for the rite-up), my dtrl and corners look pretty good when alternating; it was pretty easy to do and cheap.

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
I just did this mod (thanks Jay for the rite-up), my dtrl and corners look pretty good when alternating; it was pretty easy to do and cheap.

no prob bro :top:

can you take some pics/vids?...would be nice to see it on another X :rock:

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
How are your DTRL so bright? I can barely see mine.. :hmmmm2:

lucky shot with the right lighting :dontknow: they're stock bulbs :hmmmm2:

maybe coz I have SHLMs instead of BHLMs like everyone else :biggrin:

joman

Reaction score
this mod is very easy to do..it took me about 1hr...cause of smoke breaks and talking to the wifey on the phone..but this mod can be easily done 20-30 or less...great write up...KUDOS!:top:

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
this mod is very easy to do..it took me about 1hr...cause of smoke breaks and talking to the wifey on the phone..but this mod can be easily done 20-30 or less...great write up...KUDOS!:top:

:laugh: nice! even though I quit a while back, smoke breaks were my favorite part of modding :rolleyez:

could you post up a pic or vid? anyone else who did this mod, please feel free to do the same. I'd love to see it on more X's :biggrin:

Driversound

Reaction score
Since the 09's have the DTRL already, does the alternating signal mod work for the 09's?

Driversound

Reaction score
I dunno :dontknow:

Welcome to XRU btw :top:

Thanks. I've been here for a few weeks actually but never posted anything. I did the alternating mod and it seems to work fine for now. Since the 09's have the DTRL, the side markers are always lit up along with it. So far, no blown bulbs or fuses but then again it's only been a day and I have yet to use it at night. Thanks for the DIY though!

I did bypass the extra wire and just cut the marker light wires lower down and directly connected it to the main DTRL as showned in your write up.

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
Nice! :top: thanks for being the first to try it with true DTRLs. makes me wanna get the DTRL module so I don't have to run my parking lights on all the time to enjoy it (it dims my interior lights and stereo during the day :argh:) :laugh:

Driversound

Reaction score
I haven't ran this mod at night until a few days ago and had to rewire the connection back to stock. It's fine during the day time but at night, the light on the stereo buttons blink along with it.

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
I haven't ran this mod at night until a few days ago and had to rewire the connection back to stock. It's fine during the day time but at night, the light on the stereo buttons blink along with it.

wow that's weird, sorry it didn't work out for you bro :frown: thanks for trying it though with true DTRLs...it answered the question if it would work or not :thumpdown:

Xrunner Drifter

Reaction score
Can someone tell me where to get the T connectors?
Autozone.......
O Reilly's........
Advance.........
Radio Shack....... All do not carry this connectors:motz:

Really would like to do this mod!:smile:

Top Bottom