Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Coupe's Shifter Mod

lowrunner

Reaction score
fixed

just wanted to say i just did this mod and its great, i love it. I have only had my x runner for a month now and the shift bushing was smashed bad from previous owner. i wasnt concerned about fixing it but this thread was awesome and made it way easier then i thought previously. i see this is old stuff and you guys been doing this a while, but again i really appreciate all the comments and work that went into making the fix so easy to follow.

shifting now is back to butter smooth!

671PinoyDee

Reaction score
New to the x-runner world

Just got an x-runner and looking to do some mods.. This definitely catches my interest.. Great right up coupe!!

671PinoyDee

Reaction score
Great write up coupe.. One of these days imma have to get this done after I purchase a ss first.

Coupe

Reaction score
I can make one for you, if you want.

671PinoyDee

Reaction score
I can make one for you, if you want.

I'm gonna have to take you up on that offer one day coupe, but unfortunately it's not gonna be anytime soon. I'm going to Philippines march 11th and when I come back I know i'm going to be broke..... But when the time comes do you still have any URD's? cause im thinking of getting a urd ss when I do come around to getting one. Thanks

Coupe

Reaction score
I get URD SS from time to time, in on trade. It depends on timing, whether I have one when you are ready. I would shoot me a pm when your ready and I will tell you what I have in stock.

JerzeysX

Reaction score
Just bought my x-runner a few weeks ago and was concered with the sloppy shifter.did some reaserch amd came across this thread no matter how i typed it in google and decided to get a urd ss only to find out it already had one and my problem was the bushing.. did the mod following the very detialed step by step procedure and made the shifter height an in between 9" and it is awesome.. truck feels soo much better must do mod if your bushing is bad.. again props to Coupe for the awesome writeup

shane881510

Reaction score
Anyone know if the mixing nozzle comes with the loctite u05fl in the package or U buy it separate.

Coupe

Reaction score
I am out, but I do have some cores. Give me a week and I will have some ready.

shane881510

Reaction score
Hey coupe. I didn't use hose clamps. I welded a bead up two sides an around the center to give it something to bite too will that be enought to hold it in place.

Coupe

Reaction score
That will be fine. I do not use hose clamps any more. I cut thin notches in the shaft. When I pour the epoxy, it goes into these notches and gets a bite.

kwigs160966

Reaction score
I am also interested in a short shifter as well I tried to do it myself. But couldn't find the right epoxy now it's too noisy lol

Coupe

Reaction score
I started a pair this week end.

8 1/2" & 9 1/2"

greenbeast

Reaction score
i have a 4x4 and my shifter is wore out. i was wondering how to do this mod and keep my stock height or maybe shorten it a inch?

Top Bottom