Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Spark Plug Change

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have a write up but you will need to remove the sc.

Take off the belt, remove the intercooler lid and set it aside(be careful not to damage the foam and only undue the outer bolts NOT the one between the coolant tubes!)

Take off the upper pulley bracket(3 bolts on front of sc) as well as the sc support bracket. And then the 6 bolts for the intake manifold and of course taking off the intake(can't see on my phone if your stock or trd/afe)

Off the top of my head I believe that's it....

Here's the install Manual for reference:
http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com/ProdPDF/TRD_PTR29-35091_TACOMA.pdf

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I don't have a write up but you will need to remove the sc.

Take off the belt, remove the intercooler lid and set it aside(be careful not to damage the foam and only undue the outer bolts NOT the one between the coolant tubes!)

Take off the upper pulley bracket(3 bolts on front of sc) as well as the sc support bracket. And then the 6 bolts for the intake manifold and of course taking off the intake(can't see on my phone if your stock or trd/afe)

Off the top of my head I believe that's it....

Here's the install Manual for reference:
http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com/ProdPDF/TRD_PTR29-35091_TACOMA.pdf

Not necessary. The only thing that has to be moved is the s/c bracket on the driver side next to number 4. Other than that be sureu have two 3in extensions n the spark plug ssocket and whateverelse ubwant to use but u will need what I stated. Enjoy

Fiddich

Reaction score
Hottaco thanks for install manual the bolts on the intercooler got stripped. so they are going to need to get retapped that is why I am have it taken off. I throwing a p306 so when I do this I be moving the coil pack to someone easier to access.. I hoping it is the plug.. but you know how that goes.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Hottaco thanks for install manual the bolts on the intercooler got stripped. so they are going to need to get retapped that is why I am have it taken off. I throwing a p306 so when I do this I be moving the coil pack to someone easier to access.. I hoping it is the plug.. but you know how that goes.

Hows your water temp?

futuristicxman

Reaction score
Spark Plug Removal

I used a 1/4in x 12 piece of gas line to put the plugs back in especially on the driver side which is a little more tighter space with all the brackets and hoses in the way. I just pushed the end of the spark plug into the hose and fed the hose and spark plug down into the channel and was able to turn it to snug then torque to 15 lbs. . Also it was not east to remove the spark plugs on the driver side because you cant get the long nose pliers in there with all the shiz in the way. I cut a 2in. piece of the 1/4 gas line shoved it into a deep 12mm socket which left about 1in. hanging out of the socket. When I loosened the spark plug all the way I was able to feed the socket with the tubing down the channel and when I felt the plug just push down a little and the plug went into the gas line and then I simply pulled them out. My spark plug socket did not have the rubber inside so that was my fix for that. FYI

Waasheem

Reaction score
Where do you get your information? Been using anti sieze for over 2 decades without a single problem. German, Japanese and America engines Car and Motorcyle.

Its great for Oxygen sensors also.
Place I work, we were getting machines with nissan engines, the plugs threads extended into the combustion chamber, threads get mucked up from combustion. We all learned how to very carefully remove plugs, and helicoil plug holes. Not putting anti seize on the new plugs is a mistake. 15 ft lb sounds awful loose, like slightly tighter than finger tight. My ft lb wrench starts at 40, I would need my in lb wrench, converts to 180 in lb which is like a very slight 2 finger pull with a 3/8 ratchet. My 2c

Top Bottom