Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XII Performance officially closing the doors...sorta

BondXII

Reaction score
Good evening ladies and gents,

There has been a lot of sole searching at the infamous XII Performance Headquarters over the past few weeks. Unfortunately, we have made a conscious decision to close the doors…sorta. We are not closing down the business, but we are going to have to stop with the XII “one-off” parts that we have offered you guys for nearly 10 years (amazing how time flies).

You all have been a great community and we are proud to have been a part of this niche market for this long, but it is time. Over the past couple years, it has increasingly been harder to get the parts manufactured that you have grown to love (us included) in some kind of a timely manner. It has seemed that the “big guys” have grown less and less worried about helping out the “mom ‘n’ pops” businesses to keep you guys happy. It use to be that these larger companies were excited that we were around because we were doing all of the homework and putting up with the headaches for them, so they could concentrate on the larger scope work they needed to do to continue to grow.

We really hate to make this post, but this was definitely not a spur of the moment decision. I couldn’t tell you how much sleep that I have lost debating this decision. Between trying to get a manufacturer to get going on orders we placed, juggling business credit cards, and putting out tons of personal funds to keep these parts a reality. If we jacked the prices up like we “should” had, the personal funds would probably not be a factor. We ensured that the costs to you guys are as low as possible because we know how money is for everyone and how much you love your X’s and want to make them even more bad a@@ then they are fresh off the showroom floor. Hell…the cost for us on QA1s has slowly creeped up, but we still sell them at the price we started with. We now make a blistering 5 bucks a set when we sell them to you guys.

If you are reading this post before the update to the sway bars…the sway bars have been gone through and passed our QA checks. There was only one front sway bar that the powder coat was messed on from shipping. That works out perfect for us, since I needed it for our X and I’ll take the “damaged” one to ensure the ones you receive are the quality we expect. You guys have not seen tracking numbers for these yet because of a combination of things. There was an initial credit card issue when the sway bar company ran our card due to the increase in credit card fraud. Our bank was not expecting such a large purchase and declined/shut the card off even though the funds were there. Got it straightened out. Then the lady at the sway bar company thought that it was the amount they charged and proceeded to make several small charges to add up to the cost they needed. Of course that yet again shut down the card. I did not notice that at the time because the sway bars arrived at the shop. They went ahead and sent them because of our history together and knew that we were good for it once the credit card stopped shutting down. We call our wholesaler to get all of the bushings to try and get the cost down a bit while buying in bulk. Got everything rolling and did not think about it. I had an extensive command inspection at work (those of you military types know how much of a headache those can get). Worked late hours and pulling my hair out for a week. Questioned why the bushings aren’t here yet so we can get the kits out to you all and thought maybe it was because of this credit card nonsense. NOPE…the person that we talked to about the bushings got everything figured out…but never finalized the order. After a few sentence enhancers and flipping of a table or two later, the bushings are ACTUALLY in route to the shop now. HOPEFULLY they get here by week’s end so these kits can start heading out. More to follow.

In respect to the XII parts, the remaining sway bars are still up for grabs at full price. The other manufacturer we’ve been dealing with is another story. A few of you know which one that is. We initially placed an order for drop coils right after the new year since you guys wiped us out over Christmas. Still haven’t received them. Every time we called it was “should be ready in a week or two” over and over and over again. Now (assuming that they were too busy making springs for the big companies) they do not have the right size round bar to make the springs we need. They blamed Trump and not being able to get metals and such. Never mind the past (almost) 7 months that we have patiently been waiting for our springs. We have unfortunately finally given up. With the amount of orders/refunds/emails/calls/etc that we have received about these from you guys, we would have blown through that order and nearly halfway through another order. We are now about to eat a considerable amount of money in PayPal fees as we are going to refund everyone that has placed orders involving our drop coils and flip a couple more tables.

We do not plan to sell off the rights to these parts anytime soon. We MAY revisit offering the parts again at a later date. I can tell you that group buys are a thing of the past. I’m surprised I have not developed an ulcer from the current one…while still trying to get the drop coils in. If we do decide to try again, we’ll simply place an order. Once they arrive (however long that will take), we’ll advertise a sale for those parts for a short duration of time. So kinda the same thing as a group buy…only backwards.

I’m sure there are mixed feelings with you guys as some of you will feel bad for us and hope for the best…and then there are others that will think they could have done better and what not. Bottom line is that this is not for the timid at heart and it is a lot harder than what you think behind the comfort of your keyboards. It is pretty easy to sell parts that already exist…the niche market that only a few care about is a b@@@@@. LOL

Sorry for having to break this news to you all and we wish you all the best.

Buck and Amy

Reaction score
Sorry to hear and wish the best to you guys as well.
Love my sways and waited to save up for coilovers but it is what it is. Personal health and well being is more important than making very little profit in niche market. Hats off to you guys for giving quality products for over 10 years.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a huge loss to the community. Buck/Amy, thank you both so much for all you've done all these years. You've given so much to this community and to these trucks. I'm sad to see you go and hope that you're able to return later but completely understand and respect your decision.

Gadget

Reaction score
Well, that sucks...

People think it is easy running a business. It is not. Many business owners have thrown in towel the last eight years and decided being an employee is so much easier.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I am so glad I got my suspension parts when I did and Very sad to see you go. I do wish you both the best of luck. I’m sure you’ll both still be around but I totally understand needing to take a step back.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Hate to read this, but I totally get it. Running a business is one of the hardest things to do in my book. Finding a supplier that won’t rape you on prices to in turn try to beat out the large corporate prices. It’s hard to do. I wish you guys the best of luck. When I had my X you guys made me one happy customer time and time again. Thank you

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the news, but I am glad for the two of you. I hope your anxiety is reduced significantly.
Good luck in the future and hope to see your products back up from time to time.

Thank you for the past 9+ years!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't say anything more than what has already said. Extremely sad to see this. Thank you for all you've done over the years. You've been a regular contributor to the forum and X-Fest and personally my truck wouldn't be the same without your products. Great business owners and even better people. You guys have always been there when I needed you, once even shipping a shock out just before UPS closed, before I even made payment I might add, to make sure I got it ahead of a meet. Thanks for all you did, and I hope you seriously consider replenishing stock and "re-opening" in the near future. The community will miss you.

MaK10-XRnR

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that you guys decided to pull the plug. I've been patiently waiting for you guys to get the coils back in stock so i can finally finish lowering the X-Runner but that doesn't look like a possibility now.

Good look in your future endeavors and I hope everything works out!

hypertaco

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that you guys decided to pull the plug. I've been patiently waiting for you guys to get the coils back in stock so i can finally finish lowering the X-Runner but that doesn't look like a possibility now.

Good look in your future endeavors and I hope everything works out!

same here man, that's the only thing I need now :( hopefully some will turn up.

Kevin S.

Reaction score
As has been said , huge loss to the xr community ! Sad to see you guys go. I don't even have a xrunner anymore but i still come on here every once in a while. Sad day indeed. Hard for the little guy to stay afloat in this market ! I know a couple small business owners who have gone belly up in the last couple years myself. Buck and Amy - thanks for all you have done for me personally and everyone else over the years ! Maybe see you guys at solo nationals this year?

blu xr

Reaction score
just saw this...sad news indeed. believe me, business is tough these days.

hopefully things are going better for you guys...

byeeeeeran

Reaction score
Thank you Buck and Amy for all you've done for the XR community. Wish you the best of luck.

Jonny

Reaction score
How do I get the qa1 shocks that I ordered form u last month It’s bin payed for through PayPal I tried calling and texting u gys with no response it’s for my 06 x runner

sf.larry

Reaction score
Wish I would have joined the xru community sooner. Maybe then I would have seen this before I ordered sways from them last month. I don't own a business so I can't comment on the work involved. I do know that I would love to support a small company supporting an even smaller niche market. But I do have some complaints as well. That message was posted in July. Here we are in October and the website is still active and customers can still place orders. If you are losing money due to Paypal charges shut down and stop taking customer orders. I have a lot of empathy for the original situation you were put in due to your business partners decisions. But I do not feel bad for losses incurred due to your lack of action. I do wish your company luck in the future and thank you for all the previous work you have done.

Top Bottom