Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XII Sway bar??? HELP

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Anyone have a copy of the instructions from the sway bars?

Which setting do you guys have the rear sway bar on??? The one near the end of the bar or which one?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
No instructions man but stick your head under and you'll see what needs to be done. Two bolts for each bushing and the end links are fairly straight forward, trust me.

Most people run them in the middle setting..

A few others were sweating it too until they got to do it and 30 min later it's done

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Just remember how you took the ones on the X off and reverse the process :hmmmm2:

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
Here is a couple of photos to help you out. The sway bars are a very simple install. Below is a photo of the tab that you need to bend up to install the bracket for the sway bar. Other than that everything else bolts directly in place. Also below is a settings guide for your sway bars. Let me know if you have any questions!

swarbarbracketbent.jpg
swaybaradjustments.jpg

Gadget

Reaction score
How does moving the mounting point in the rear change the stiffness?

G

Gadget

Reaction score
Yep, but I would think the further out from the fulcrum the more the leverage would be and the better it would work. I am sure I have that completely backwards, but just not getting it.

G

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, but I would think the further out from the fulcrum the more the leverage would be and the better it would work. I am sure I have that completely backwards, but just not getting it.

G

You're shortening the length of the "lever" You need more force to deflect the lever the same amount. :top:

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
How does moving the mounting point in the rear change the stiffness?

G

[FONT=&quot]The one furthest out is the softest. As you move closer in, the pressure point moves and there is less flex in the sway bar making it stiffer for the truck. The further you go out the torque applied is the same but the bar has more flex the from the extra length, making it less stiff for the truck. [/FONT]

Gadget

Reaction score
OK, flex.

Just hard to wrap my head around this. I am sure it makes perfect sense to most.

I can see if you used different holes from one side to the other like those only turn left folks, but the same hole on both sides seems like you are not getting anywhere.

I can't remember where I put mine. I will have to look.

G

SpicyTaco888

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing the XII track drop package, but I am concerned as to whether the sways will make the ride too rough (as my X is my dd)... is this something I should even be considering?

Murderface

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing the XII track drop package, but I am concerned as to whether the sways will make the ride too rough (as my X is my dd)... is this something I should even be considering?

Plain and simple........nope!

dramad1

Reaction score
Easy install as well. I had mine on for a few weeks now and love them

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
ahh i want SS/XII sways but i gotta wait till this small thing called money just drops out of the sky haha

Top Bottom