Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XR and Motorcycles

Braking Bad

Reaction score
I will have to take some pics when I haul my bike to a track day. Got the x in the winter and haven't put the bike in it yet.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
dammit all these beauties make me wanto get a bike so badd :drool2:

lowrunner

Reaction score
all the bikes look awesome guys!!

my 06 R6
0507131737.jpg

lowrunner

Reaction score
any of you guys who haul your bike with your XR. do you do anything to brace to front wheel against cause the XR bed (only plastic) has some flimsy flex in it when the bike is strapped in tight?

Limitless

Reaction score
No i just let it flex. I was thinking of welding together some kind of wheel chock and platform specifically for the bike but havnt gotten around to it yet. I'm always more worried about the tailgate flexing/buckling then anything.

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
any of you guys who haul your bike with your XR. do you do anything to brace to front wheel against cause the XR bed (only plastic) has some flimsy flex in it when the bike is strapped in tight?

I haven't put my bikes in the X yet as I prefer to ride them to where I'm going but I DO have a Condor Pit Stop stand that can be used in the bed of a pickup:

http://store.condor-lift.com/products.php?product=Pit%252dStop%7B47%7DTrailer%252dStop

It also has a trailer kit that is a plate that gets attached to the trailer then 2 screws attach it to the trailer, but in a pickup they said it isn't needed.....

Not sure I was on any help but it helped ME pass time in Afghanistan posting this :laugh:

No i just let it flex. I was thinking of welding together some kind of wheel chock and platform specifically for the bike but havnt gotten around to it yet. I'm always more worried about the tailgate flexing/buckling then anything.

Wouldn't putting a large piece of 3/4 plywood under rear wheel and spanning left to right under it help prevent that?

Demented:stupid:Dave in Boring Bagram
(aka GrumpyOldMan, as Opposed to Grumpy's old man - no relation)
40 Days and 40 nites to go!!

Last edited:

fonzi

Reaction score

I built myself a brace/chock out of treated 2x4. Did a test run a couple of weeks ago a few miles up and down the highway and seem to hold pretty well.

Real test next weekend when I'll be hauling the bike 175 miles to Marion VA.

Limitless

Reaction score
Wouldn't putting a large piece of 3/4 plywood under rear wheel and spanning left to right under it help prevent that?

Yeah thats the idea I am going for but want something a little thinner. Probably gonna go with 1/4" Aluminum diamond plate and weld some kind of chock onto the front and let it be long enough to cover the tailgate as well. I know 1/4" will still flex a little but it will help distribute the load enough to not worry about it. For now i have the good old wood chock made out of some 2x4's.

christhepike

Reaction score
My X and bike

Here's my toys :laugh:

Attachments

• x&duc.jpg
    x&duc.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 269

Buellie

Reaction score
^^^ Nice! Another XR guy that loves Italian Harleys. LOL!
I just sold my 1198s. Miss that bike bad.
Still have my Buell, i'll have to snap some pics when i can.

christhepike

Reaction score
I heard that Harleys are good for one thing: converting gas into noise :rofl:

blu xr

Reaction score
this thread is making me miss my bike, but then i remember i traded it for my rx7 :top: :crinklehair:

WindowsPhotoGalleryWallpaper_zps0da6e0cc.jpg

Last edited:

chatt x

Reaction score
I heard that Harleys are good for one thing: converting gas into noise :rofl:

Loud pipes save lives. The louder the better. There's nothing like scaring the hell out of some soccer mom in a mini van that has her nose down playing with a cell phone!

Limitless

Reaction score
Loud pipes save lives. The louder the better. There's nothing like scaring the hell out of some soccer mom in a mini van that has her nose down playing with a cell phone!

Or revving to set set off car alarms of people you dont care for that park along the street. Gotta love the deep sound of a V-Twin.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
this thread is making me miss my bike, but then i remember i traded it for my rx7 :top: :crinklehair:

I'm in the market for a 636 just like that one or green. Such a sweet looking bike.

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
Can I play? Don't have a pic of the motor-legs. :rolleyez:

20130713_153051_1_zpsbe7a8035.jpg

Top Bottom