Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2005-10 tacoma overhead temp/compass unit

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Or maybe its a matter of repinning the connector, I cant imagine adding a wire removes the functionality.

Unless like someone said, the signal is now coming from the computer vs the sensor.

A simple temp sensor should be power, ground, then signal out. I would think that it should be that easy on the console side too , power, ground, and signal in?

mpower

Reaction score
bump ! price drop to a more reasonable amount ! + free shipping

mpower

Reaction score
! Update !

!update!... i clipped the only wire that goes from the overhead counsel to the combination meter and everything still works ! it appears that all that is needed to make this work on any vehicle is to just give the unit power and hook up wires for the temp sensor. that being said i will include the wire loom connectors for the temp sensor, overhead counsel , and interior lamps. i dont know why people are saying this wont work on all model year 2nd gen tacomas? now heres proof it shouldent matter!

daveczrn

Reaction score
!update!... i clipped the only wire that goes from the overhead counsel to the combination meter and everything still works ! it appears that all that is needed to make this work on any vehicle is to just give the unit power and hook up wires for the temp sensor. that being said i will include the wire loom connectors for the temp sensor, overhead counsel , and interior lamps. i dont know why people are saying this wont work on all model year 2nd gen tacomas? now heres proof it shouldent matter!

I'm having trouble figuring out what you did here. for this to work in a 09+ you would need to install the temp sensor up front, run new wires to the overhead console, and run a power wire to the over head console?

or are you doing something else?

Rickysnickers

Reaction score
Davecrzn,

Actually if you look, the temp sensor is already there, as is the wiring to the console. From what I have read, the temp sensor i used for the AC system. The problem seems to be that the wiring is somehow different in the '09 and newer models. The harness physically plugs into the the older console, but does not work.

Rick

mpower

Reaction score
what does not work ? i have just the power wire and temp wires connected and everything works fine. so maybe just a wire or two needs to be moved in the connector for the 09's and maybe just maybe new wires need to be ran for the temp sensor. but it will work .

Top Bottom