Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

A little advice needed

scXrunner

Reaction score
Hello, been poking around the site for a few days now and just made a profile tonight. I have a good friend who owns a 2006 Xrunner, he has had it for a few years now and I was a big fan from my first ride. I have been finishing up my masters over the last few years and finally got a job (in south Carolina..moved from Ohio last month) and I badly need a 2nd vehicle. So, here is my dilemma, I am in a position to spend close to 10k (I don’t want to take on a car payment) most of the Xrunners i have been finding in my price range have very high miles (120-145k). I just wanted some advice, am I asking for problems by going with something so high mileage? should i worry about year ‘05, ‘06,’07 or just go with the lowest miles/best condition in my price point? I would like to hold off and save up another 5k and get something with less miles but as I said i really need to pick up a 2nd vehicle soon. Any advice would be very helpful, this site seems to be full of Xrunner knowledge!

X_Less

Reaction score
It's a Toyota... 100K miles just means it finally just got broken in. I have close to 80K miles on the original everything but brakes and tires and have friends with over 130K miles on original clutch, transmission and engine... Even the first X-Runner I was looking at had 145K miles.

Maintenance goes a long way, I wouldn't buy a pre-modified X-Runner as it's a sign of prior abuse... Since you're looking at private party's, Ask about maintenance records.

scXrunner

Reaction score
I found a 2006 not to far from where I live, it has about 150k miles, its at a dealer and the add says 1 owner. They are asking 10.9k no mods and looks to be in great shape. I would think I could get them down closer to 10 even. Might be a good chance to get an Xrunner. I plan to mod/upgrade little by little so the miles (though a lot) don't have me running. I do like the idea of 1 owner. thanks for the advice!

NODRULN

Reaction score
Should be able to get a lot of miles if you treat her right. Good luck on getting one

831RRX

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. As stated above maintenance is everything. Take good care of her and you'll be alright. Good luck on your search.

98_mud_bug

Reaction score
I've got 143,XXX on mine and I beat the hell out of it and drive it like I stole it. Still goin strong.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
It's a great reliable truck just gotta be careful looking around, I recommend asking for service records, take a mechanic or someone car savyy to look at it and make sureyiu give it a good ol test drive

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground. Hopefully u'll find a truck for the right price. Theres a few on here.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Welcome to XRU,yea like these guys said, definitely pre modified at that mileage i'd say and what kind of commuting will you be doing with the X? Is it going to be your daily driver?

Tanaka

Reaction score
Treat your x better than a gf, and you'll be golden. Royal purple drinks every 5k, lil pieces of jewelry here and there, and as always standard maintainence (including driving) every now and the . She'll treat you back with a damn fun ride.

scXrunner

Reaction score
It would be my daily driver but my drive to work is about 7 miles one way and that would be the large majority of what i would be doing with it. If all goes well, I will be looking for something in the middle of Feb.

oneblackxr

Reaction score
hey scx........are you talking about the red x with 145xxx in anderson sc? i live in simpsonville. if i can help with anything let me know.

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
I wouldn't believe the one-owner crap though...

I was at a motorcycle dealership one time and looking at a used Honda Gold Wing.
The salesman goes "yup, just got her from the original owner"
I said, "so it's a one-owner bike" he says "Yup"

He was full of crap, 'cuz that bike happened to have belonged to a friend, he bought it used from the original owner, he sold it, then that guy traded it at the dealer - so it had 3 previoous owners AND had been wrecked as well!! My friend crashed behind me in the mountains of N GA, not a bad one but crashed nonetheless!!

So BUYER BEWARE on the one-owner crap - unless they can back it up with paperwork I wouldn't believe it!!

Dave

X_Less

Reaction score
Most dealerships offer carfax or the similar "autocheck" that lists anything including amount of owners... My X has traded hands 3 times (4 if you count dealer), And carfax shows it.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
i've got 130xxx on mine and i drive like a maniac daily. never had to replace a part besides aftermarket stuff lol and i bought it at 100xxx

Top Bottom