Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anybody heard of this happening

project-c2

Reaction score
My friends that work @ the dealership had 2 Tacomas come in with con rods sticking out the engine. One was an older person who said it started making noise and then stopped running. Another one was a Prerunner both with the 4.0l motors:dontknow:

REG CAB X

Reaction score
My friends that work @ the dealership had 2 Tacomas come in with con rods sticking out the engine. One was an older person who said it started making noise and then stopped running. Another one was a Prerunner both with the 4.0l motors:dontknow:

:hahaha:Sounds like something XRobber would do:laugh:

nctourer

Reaction score
Hope my XR doesnt get crabby and start throwing things.

project-c2

Reaction score
What the BLEEP is a con rod?:dontknow:
Con rod=short for connecting rod. It is on the inside of the engine. It went through the side of the engine block.

Four_stroke_engine_diagram.jpg

R is the con rod.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
Last week went to a new Toyota class in Dallas and one tech said that he has done 5 or 6 4.0 engines and some had as low as a 1000 miles on them, he said that I think 2 of them there was a crack in the oil pump housing and the others threw rods out the side of the blocks, where I'm at the only problem motor wise is a oil leak at the right upper timing cover, I just did one yesterday, I couldn't really say whats going on because the 4.0 has been out since 2003 in the 4-Runners

project-c2

Reaction score
So basically, it is an oil pump problem? Well in some cases. It has to be some kind of oil starvation problem, because it's all the bottom halves taking a •XR•XR•XR•XR.:dontknow:

Top Bottom