Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

B&M SS

lucke

Reaction score
love it, love it, love it...

i just wish my C2C shift knob would fit on there strait... its on solidly, but its about a quarter turn off, and there's no way i see it going the other 3/4 of a turn to be strait:(

Stevenredx

Reaction score

i just wish my C2C shift knob would fit on there strait... its on solidly, but its about a quarter turn off, and there's no way i see it going the other 3/4 of a turn to be strait:(

Lock nut? ...

Bobby B

Reaction score

you can stuff paper in there I did that once! I like the system TWM uses I ordered the A6 Leopard shifter in satin I bet if you call them they will send you the nylon insert

http://www.twmshiftknobs.com/column/index.html

shaX 07

Reaction score
How are you guys breaking the seal between the stock shifter plate and the transmission? The directions suggest to go under the truck with a hammer and a piece of wood.. neither of which I could find when attempting to install my SS.. Any other bright suggestions for doing this?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
How are you guys breaking the seal between the stock shifter plate and the transmission? The directions suggest to go under the truck with a hammer and a piece of wood.. neither of which I could find when attempting to install my SS.. Any other bright suggestions for doing this?

I just used a rubber mallet, put the truck in 3rd gear, then hit towards the base of the shaft. Did it the same way when I put on the URD SS. Hasn't failed me yet. :top:

shaX 07

Reaction score
I just used a rubber mallet, put the truck in 3rd gear, then hit towards the base of the shaft. Did it the same way when I put on the URD SS. Hasn't failed me yet. :top:

Another tool I didn't have..

I tried using my floor jack lever (define Ghetto?) because thats the only thing I could find that seemed like it might work. It still didn't budge. Then I tried wrestling it, and another fail.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Make sure you use a bit of force. The RTV seal will be a bit tough to break. :top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
No hammer, no wood, no rubber mallet.... ummm... have you tried kicking and screaming? (I dont know if you'd need rubber sole or hard sole shoes, just don't do it barefoot)

I used the hammer and wood method. Luckily, my room mate at the time had just built an entertainment center. You could also get a rubber mallet for less than 5 bucks. I've never had a use for mine, but it's fun for hitting random objects with it.

shaX 07

Reaction score
No hammer, no wood, no rubber mallet.... ummm... have you tried kicking and screaming? (I dont know if you'd need rubber sole or hard sole shoes, just don't do it barefoot)

I used the hammer and wood method. Luckily, my room mate at the time had just built an entertainment center. You could also get a rubber mallet for less than 5 bucks. I've never had a use for mine, but it's fun for hitting random objects with it.

5 bucks? I was at Sears an hour ago and the cheapest rubber mallet I could find was $20.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I used a ton of force. I dented my floor jack lever (the rubber part).

:laugh: nice. Well without a weighted pounding device, I don't know what else to suggest. You basically just need to hit it to the side or pull it hard enough to break the silicone seal. :dontknow:

shaX 07

Reaction score
wow... I paid $2.xx for mine from PepBoys. It was on sale, but I don't think it was 90% off :hmmmm2:

Lol well I'll need to bargain shop for a cheaper rubber mallet. But i'm worried that still won't do the trick.

rich017

Reaction score
Just prob up a piece of wood against the bottom of the shifter assembly and hit it with a hammer a few times. Will come right off:top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
^^^ What he said. If you're going rubber mallet shopping, you might as well get a regular hammer. No neighbors or friends you can bug to borrow one?

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
Just In Case There Are Any Left, I No Longer Have A Short Shifter And Was Wondering If There Are Any Left Iwant The B&m So Bad!!!!

YotaFab

Reaction score
you can use a piece of wood, and hit it with a regular hammer

shaX 07

Reaction score
Wow so I finally got my B&M SS installed today.. I bought a rubber mallet for $4.99 at the local hardware store and it popped right off with that.. and I must say this thing is amazing.. It's so short and tight compared to stock, it feels like a completely different vehicle! :top::smile:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Ya dude it is amazing!

I drove an X the other day that still had the stock shifter...oh man. I can't believe that is what came on it stock.

Top Bottom