Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Can anyone else chirp 3rd gear wile N/A

Matt's06

Reaction score
Wow, I just got my truck back from toyota. They changed my clutch, preasure plate and release bearing because of my squeaking release bearing. The mechanic told me the new clutch look like it was redesigned. It also seams easier to engage gears. I can actually put it in first while rolling about 5-10 mph. It engages a lot closer to the floor than before (I can get used to that). I am loving this new clutch design. :rock:

Jonathan

Reaction score
i used to do it before, but, with the transmission being less than perfect, and my clutch on its way out, i dont even shift hard anymore......

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Yeah... awhile back it would but i havent done it in awhile.

Guess my clutch is wearing out :thumpdown:

wshsbears

Reaction score
i can.. and do all the time. can't wait til my truck starts makin the clutch noise.. i'll get that new one and actually have the friction point.. my clutch feels like a saturn

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
I've had the new clutch for about a year and a half and can still chirp third easily.

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
We're talking about the clutch pedal/master cylinder. Well, that's what I'm talking about lol.

nighthawk2106

Reaction score
i chirp third all the time, ive had my truck for a year an its got 16,000k on it an it still chirps third gota have alittle gas in the tank or the tires will just slip add alittle weight an you should get third all the time. if you know how to drive it well enough. (don't take that the wrong way either)

rexrunner

Reaction score
yes in can but I have the URD TCAI and a electric fan

Matt's06

Reaction score
how did you get them to change your clutch?
:dontknow: They wanted to change it. I just wanted a new release bearing because of the squeak. They said they wanted to go ahead and change because they had everything apart already. I had been complaining about the trans being dificult to engage gears. They had already done the clutch pedal TSB and I was still having the same issues. When they said they were going to change it, I was shocked. I am glad they did because now my tranny issues seem to have went away. *knock on wood*

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I chirped 4th one time lol. Everyone in the truck was like "did you just chirp fourth?" and i looked down and i was in 4th gear.

now i cant do anything bc of my clutch:frown:

07XR808

Reaction score
I can chirp third. I just added in Redline MT-90 trans oil yesterday and upped my tire pressure to about 36 psi, and there is a noticable difference from before. :biggrin: Opened it up on the on ramp yesterday shifting at 5k, it chirped

SupraJunky101

Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong because mine doesn't chirp.. It just burns the tires off :eviltongue:

07XR808

Reaction score
Probably has to do with the condition of the tires

Top Bottom