Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

had the x towed last night :-(

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
so i went to leave my buddies house about three hours ago, naturally i decided to do a burnout when i leave. as i smashed into second gear, BAM......... and my truck would go nowhere, i think its just the clutch but dont know yet. i have read all the problems with the stockers so im not even gonna take it to the dealership to have them do another bad clutch.

anyways im looking for advice on what clutch to buy, i want to get the stage iv and flywheel kit from urd, but is that going to be overkill on a n/a truck? im planning on supercharging eventally and i am VERY hard on my truck? do you think i should go for the heaviest/strongest i can get? just looking for a little knowledge. thanks guys.

p.s. you guys are great and i have learned so much from this forum! best forum ive ever been on. lol :rockon:

prominentstylez

Reaction score
thats happend to be before too...our stock clutches suck donkey....but go for the after market for sure i your truck wil love it

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
thats the plan. i just gotta come up with the 800 for the flywheel/clutch kit. lol. what clutch are you running?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I have the Paradise Racing Stage IV Clutch, and honestly I barely notice any difference in driveability. Only thing that is noticeable is a slightly heavier pedal.

If you aren't that good at driving a manual then I could see where the stage IV would be a bit troublesome, but for anybody who is good at driving a manual will not have any problems at all.

SX TOY

Reaction score
I am 300 miles into my URD stge 3 and lt stl flywheel and it is almost totally broke in. it feels stock in the pedal. I had to quick shift once during the breakin and this clutch grabs like an ape on steroids.

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Check out Blastaps post on the stage 3 yesterday! Good info:top:

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
thanks guys, much appreciated. think im gonna order it tonight. for now im ridding my r6 to work. IN THE RAIN! lol.

RJDoute

"My Salami Nipples Ooze Milk"
Reaction score
Same EXACT thing happened to me when my truck had like 3k miles. Burn through first, slam to second and POP goes the clutch/wheel.

Get it? Pop goes the weasel? Pop goes the clutch/flywheel? I kill myself sometimes.

Anyway, I did take mine to the dealership since it was so damn new and they replaced it, haven't had any problems with my replacement clutch :dontknow:

Good luck mang.

Ryan

nine9six

Reaction score
Sucks man, bikes in the rain are never fun. Be careful, don't need to hear of another rider going down.

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
so i took out the tranny today to see what broke. the friction disk and the middle part were the springs are now in two peices. my boss got a good laugh out of it. lol. ordering the new clutch tonight. im not going to replace the flywheel. mine is still new. lol. sad part is i cant put it in until i get back from hawaii. lol is that sad? lol. ha ha so ten days and the x will be going again. also getting a short throw.

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
i ordered the competion clutch from urd. stage 4. its overkill but im really hard on the x. lol.

Top Bottom