Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lol... A good laugh.

TRD-X

Reaction score
They should have put disc brakes on the Taco! Drum brakes old tec. you don't see drum brake mods for sale! Stupid drums!:motz: I hate Toyota for this. But I love my X so they did one thing right!:rockon:

nine9six

Reaction score
The beds of our trucks are so light, drums work just fine. Now if they would have gone with bigger breaks as standard in the front...I wouldn't complain.

Though, I would love to have discs in the rear, you don't really "need" them. But...on a long enough time-line, I'll have discs in the rear. If anything, just for looks. :top:

TRD-X

Reaction score
The beds of our trucks are so light, drums work just fine. Now if they would have gone with bigger breaks as standard in the front...I wouldn't complain.

Though, I would love to have discs in the rear, you don't really "need" them. But...on a long enough time-line, I'll have discs in the rear. If anything, just for looks. :top:
Yea I know we don't need them but just having the brakes lock up on you is lame!:top:

CJX-RUNNER

Reaction score
I know it would be kinda expensive and no real performance benefit for the money. I was kinda joking... But I was thinking, as sexy as DS's truck is already, just imagine how much nastier it would look with 4 discs on it!!!

Drum brakes in general have a history of looking up, and I think the main reason for it is that they're enclosed and when stuff get's in their, the wheel can no longer rotate around the hub and bearings because it's clogged. As simple as that.

So I was thinking.. I wonder how much it would be to do a regular rear break conversion(not bbk) but stock... And then put some TRD caliper covers over all them:dontknow: (not to be cheap but to be practical)

Since you prob don't even need THAT much power back their but at least it can be controlled and would like amazing:top:

Or am I just :stupid:?

They should have put disc brakes on the Taco! Drum brakes old tec. you don't see drum brake mods for sale! Stupid drums!:motz: I hate Toyota for this. But I love my X so they did one thing right!:rockon:

TRD big drum brake mod FTW:rockon::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Demotivator__Epic_Fail.jpg

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
but you could fix it for free and just rock it real fast..then no trips to toyota, and wont have to waste money on a rear brake kit. I dont really see the huge benefit of the rear kit other then looks.

Its beyond rocking brother.

05Xrunner

Reaction score
Its beyond rocking brother.

I dont know...I have had it where I was almost to the floor in 1st gear and it wouldnt budge..but when i got out and grabbed the bed or the wheel and rocked it back and forth it pops free almost instantly

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I dont know...I have had it where I was almost to the floor in 1st gear and it wouldnt budge..but when i got out and grabbed the bed or the wheel and rocked it back and forth it pops free almost instantly

That bastard would not break free gunning it in forwards and reverse for a while... I havnt had time to **** with it anymore though.

The next video I post may be of me dragging it down the road with the diesel. :laugh:

05Xrunner

Reaction score
That bastard would not break free gunning it in forwards and reverse for a while... I havnt had time to **** with it anymore though.

The next video I post may be of me dragging it down the road with the diesel. :laugh:

been there..for some reason it will not pop when trying to do it back in forth in gear..but for some reason when I have it in neutral get out and do it by hand it breaks free with minimal effort...I dont understand why. Just try it it only takes 2sec to grab the bed or wheel and rock it back and forth

off-road taco06

Reaction score
LMAO, thats the X's way of saying.... "this is what you get for never driving me."

REMEMBER, If you DONT use it, you WILL lose it :eviltongue: :laugh:

TRD-X

Reaction score
I know it would be kinda expensive and no real performance benefit for the money. I was kinda joking... But I was thinking, as sexy as DS's truck is already, just imagine how much nastier it would look with 4 discs on it!!!

Drum brakes in general have a history of looking up, and I think the main reason for it is that they're enclosed and when stuff get's in their, the wheel can no longer rotate around the hub and bearings because it's clogged. As simple as that.

So I was thinking.. I wonder how much it would be to do a regular rear break conversion(not bbk) but stock... And then put some TRD caliper covers over all them:dontknow: (not to be cheap but to be practical)

Since you prob don't even need THAT much power back their but at least it can be controlled and would like amazing:top:

Or am I just :stupid:?

TRD big drum brake mod FTW:rockon::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Hey got one for you: FYI TRD/BBK is made by stoptec for them, a lot of trd parts are made by other makers. Hotchkis makes the sway bars for TRD.:top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
been there..for some reason it will not pop when trying to do it back in forth in gear..but for some reason when I have it in neutral get out and do it by hand it breaks free with minimal effort...I dont understand why. Just try it it only takes 2sec to grab the bed or wheel and rock it back and forth

too bad its uphill and I will get run the **** over. :laugh:

I will have to figure something out brother.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
yea that sucks...have someone in it to apply the breaks for you when it pops free

I dont trust too many people with my life and more importantly my X.:laugh:

I can see it now...

Hit the brakes!

Hit the brakes!

Hit the brakes!

05Xrunner

Reaction score
ok you sit in it to apply brakes...Have them grab side of the bed and rock the crap out of it...might be harder since your on a hill and not gonna move that easy.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
you can have the misses do it :dontknow:

She has the fear of Doug instilled in her when it comes to your truck

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
you can have the misses do it :dontknow:

She has the fear of Doug instilled in her when it comes to your truck

You got that right brother :top:.

I am going to break out the hammer and impact and back the shoes away.

If I cant free it up easily I will let Toyota do it on their time.

Top Bottom