Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My days here may be numbered.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
Well, 0315 yesterday morning, I wake up to the sound of my alarm on the truck doing its warning chirp. Think little of it, could be a cat or something, and then I hear a truck:frown:. Hop up in my boxer, look out the balcony, to see what I knew may happen eventually. Caught the end of a operation repo episode, in real life. He had pulled the truck out of my spot, dropped it, and came around to the rear, scooped and was out of there, in less than 10 seconds.:ahhhhh::argh:

Im kinda trying to get it back, and kinda not at the same time. Id love to be out car payments, but I dont have any extra money right now to pick up a daily. Id be able to clear everything else up on my credit without the truck payment, but idk how the repo is going to affect my score even with everything else cleared.

Other hand, get the truck back, try to fix it, and then sell it to try and not get hit as hard on negative principle. I just moved into an apartment in june, and havent been able to get all my bills straight and money delegated accordingly, so I had to lapse the last payment, and this months.

Idk what to do. i do know that i need to get my personals out of there. My D40 and some other things are in there, and hope they still are tomorrow when I go up there.
:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2:

x ynot

Reaction score
i have no clue sticky spot man i have no good advise but good luck with everything i hope every thing works out for you

Jwall

Reaction score
Oh man that is a shitty situation... Best of luck to you bro.. i dont wish that on anyone

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
to my knowledge...if they repo the truck...whatever is in the truck goes with the truck...something like that

XYota

Reaction score
I had a repo when i was 17. they pulled that car out of my driveway while i was in it ripping out my amp. lol like i said i was 17. anyhow he said anything bolted down is property of the car. but i think its just what they want to keep before it goes back to the finance company/auction. if you are polite and respectful to the repo company they may allow you to collect some bolt ons when you grab your personal items. remember they are just doing there jobs. as jacked up as it is. best of luck bro. you gotta do what you feel is best for your future.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
the truck has been back to stock for over a year now. not worried about mods. I would like to take my indash and satelite receiver, but if I cant, then oh well.

I was told that i could take my personal items by the company when i go up to the towing companies yard, and have xxx amount of days to pay xxxxxxxx to get it back before it goes to auction. its in really sad shape right now as it is. missing side skirt, missing passenger rear flare, rear bedside still fubar, front bumper was scuffed pretty well, needs a full set of tires, another alignment, much more.......

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
sorry to hear about it. A repo is something u want to get out of. My ex had a truck repoed ad his credit was affected. It is like going bankrupt. Stays on your credit for 7 years. At least that is what happens in Canada. Might not be the same in the states. I would look into that. Hopefully everything works out for you. Keepin my fingers crossed.

Amarillo X

Reaction score
Man, that's not good for your credit score...but if it's as jacked up as you say it is then I would consider my options. Best of luck to you Chris

Yallrun

Reaction score
Well it all depends on how you feel about your truck vs. your credit. A repo is a big hit and it stays there for 5 or 7 years before it's wiped off. In that time you will never be able to get a good deal on any financing. But the good side to not being able to finance anything makes you learn. Go read some Dave Ramsey litatrue and you might be inspired and may be able to follow his lead. It's a tough lesson, but if you can do it and climb out of debt, you'll never look back.

Weigh you options, how much you owe on the truck vs what you can sale it for if you get it back. Can you live with a repo on your record and find a beater to drive for a while?

Chris I don't make alot of money and I've been following Dave Ramsey's plan for years and it's kept me strait. It's got me out of debt and has kept me out, took me years. Credit is an evil biznatch! Only thing I still have financed is my house and 1 vehicle and I'm chipping away at those. I thought Dave Ramsey was out of his frickin mind. lol It works, but it's tough.

What ever choice you make, Dave Ramsey will get you through it.

Just an opinion and a suggestion brother. :smile:

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Wow that sux! Guess its time to change ur mod list to " I walk faster then you!"

The last post had some good advice and I think u should listen to it. GL with ur decision:top:

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
Good luck Chris, man I tell ya, after being in debt since the first day I had a credit card at 18 to now at 25 I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and it feels better than words can describe. It seems that you made some good decisions returning the truck to stock for the cost factor. This is one of those things that seems like the end of the world when its happening but you'll be able to learn something and never repeat the same mistake twice.

thunder24685

Reaction score
That sucks to hear never a good spot to be in...I had a car repoed in 2002 and in 2004 I bought a new car at 4% for 72mo..and in 05 bought 2 new cars at 0% (yes not a good decission but at the time I was making good money) A repo will affect your credit but not that drasticly...the amount that they sue you for will affect it more because it will be current and new debt..(just offer them half as a starting point after they sell it at auction and come after you for the difference) Yes it will still show up on your credit but if you keep your nose clean for the next 2 years you wont even know its there....pay all your other debt on time and in 6-8 mo you will be able to finance another car..(might be at 10 or 12%) but that beats walking..and if you save up some money between now and then you could just finance half the car and pay it off in a few months just to rebuild credit....

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
Well, looks like Im going to end up losing the truck. Im not able to get enough money to make up the back payments so Im going to have to let it go. Hopefully from here on out I can set my stuff straight and try to avoid this in the future. all cash from here on out will be paid with cash, no more payments for me.

Top Bottom