Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need Advice on keeping or selling

reckless-x

Reaction score
Well guys i know im not on the forum like some forum whores on here but i still get on when i get a chance. I have been contemplating on whether or not to sell the X or not?:frown: If I do sell it i can pay it off and be able to pay off my credit cards which is a bonus. but my interest on those are like 0% on one and 3% on the other. if i do sell it also i would get a mustang from my parents which is already modified because i did all the work to it (use to be my brothers). I just need some opinions about both sides and im trying to debate on this. My tacoma averages 10 MPG so.... yea not great the elevation up here doesnt help either. any ideas???? :banghead:

Mr.X

Reaction score
i feel you on this one i am going thru the same thing if i sell it id like to go back to school find a better job and late get a better car! i have a daily right now that runs great and its paid off i still owe about 17k on the X its a 2008 with only 20k on it i got it when i was 18 and didnt have any bills but now im 20 and i want to move out

Jwall

Reaction score
well that sucks boys, you got to do what you have to do. If you dont need another vehicle becuase of work or need bigger vehicle then keep the truck. As long as it doenst put you in a bad spot. For you selling the x to pay bills and the x is paid off that really doesnt make sence if you like the x. If you can make the payments on the CC is not then well you have no choice but to sell it.

If you sell and you have a URD Trac bar, XR RC first dibs if you do sell. :laugh:

rich017

Reaction score
I say sell it and pay off those credit cards. You do not want to hurt your credit.

xrgilly

Reaction score
mustangs are everywhere keep the x

y cant u sell the stang??

reckless-x

Reaction score
i cant sell the stang cause it use to be my bros car so my parents would just give it to me and it would still be in there name, the x is paid for and i have put alot of money into her and i love her more and more everytime i drive her and yea i can afford the payments on the credit cards and my credit score is a 720 so my credit is fine its just the debt to income ratio being an enlisted airman exactly isnt the best pay in the world so things are tight sometimes. but hey room and board and food and benfits are free thats the up side.

xrgilly

Reaction score
do what u gotta do bro u can always get another ex later on

reckless-x

Reaction score
i could always get another x later on but i have put about 12k in this one in parts.

reckless-x

Reaction score
10 MPG????

i am running e85. with the 61lb inj and 7th inj. boost is turned up some. plus my foot gets happy alot.

i agree!!!!

yea its true mustangs are everywhere but that car would just be given to me if i sold the x.... i live in the barracks so i think people would think something bad of me if i had three cars i already have two here...... :smile:

Last edited:

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Yeah its always nice to think about now, but if you can sell the X now and end up debt free would be awesome in anyones eyes. But it would be sad to see another X go for sale. But is it worth being broke all the time to drive something nice.

reckless-x

Reaction score
i owe on my f150 and that payment is 315 a month and that is what makes me broke but i live in CO and the XR would basically be like :eviltongue: u in the snow.

X-Caliber

Reaction score
my X is paid off, but It's continously breaking my pocket with tires, mantienence, and other little things that go wrong here and there. And it's hard to fix stuff without cash or a job :thumpdown: AND i'm in college.

reckless-x

Reaction score
i feel ya man i just had to put brakes on my tacoma last week... if its not maintence then its gas..

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Your credit card interest is only 3%!!!! Damn... My parents have never had debt on the credit card but interest on their Master Card is around 17%!!

Scarface

Reaction score
...being an enlisted airman exactly isnt the best pay in the world so things are tight sometimes. but hey room and board and food and benfits are free thats the up side.

That sh*t is not free, check your LES. I'm assuming you all have mypay or something similar. They take hundreds away from your actual "pay". I'm enlisted as well, believe me I know.

Do what you do. Just do us all favor and part out at the least.

reckless-x

Reaction score
yea i know they take it all i just like to think its free haha. i got 6 months till i get bah and bas so i can move outta the dorms.

That sh*t is not free, check your LES. I'm assuming you all have mypay or something similar. They take hundreds away from your actual "pay". I'm enlisted as well, believe me I know.

cant really part it out i have no stock parts plus the oem computer has the trd burn on it.

Last edited:

earnesje

Reaction score
This is way you always save your stock parts, just in case you have to sell. I learned that the hard way. Stock parts aren't cheap.

Top Bottom