Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Pioneer Double Din

x20Runner05

Reaction score
That is one sick radio bro. But how you get them to sit back in the dash to where when you tilt it, it comes out flush.

rich017

Reaction score
That is one sick radio bro. But how you get them to sit back in the dash to where when you tilt it, it comes out flush.

This unit just sits like that. I got the same thing last month and LOVE it!!!! Had an Eclipse DD before this one and a Kenwood DD before that. This Pioneer is the best so far. Didn't care for their other DD units.

$400 shipped from Crutchfield with a remote, wiring harness and a Dash kit.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Wow that quick i just checked crutchfield to look for that unit and already discontinued it says.

gunner76137

Reaction score
The 1 I just put in is the avh-p3200dvd and it has most the same stuff with 5.8 in screen for $259.99. My post is on here also.

Aj Khaos

Reaction score
Thanks! The picture quality is WAY better! There's a scroll option like on the iPod Touch/iPhone when searching. Also the search function is much more sophisticated than most iPod interfaces also. It plays all Divx files now where as the first HU only played certain ones. As for the navigation option, I'm not sure what the price is. Online it's saying $300, but I doubt that's the real price. It's suppose to be released by summer. It's pretty dope though from what I've seen. All I know is this HU is by far the best I've ever owned.
hey i just got this hu put in the truck but i cant figure out how to get videos that i have downloaded from youtube or any other site to play off of a usb stick or an sd card? i already converted the videos to a avi(divix) but it still says unplayable file? any suggestions?

deanbhula1

Reaction score
I am interested in getting the 4300...are they difficult to install? And what are the differences between the 4200 and 4300?

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
hey i just got this hu put in the truck but i cant figure out how to get videos that i have downloaded from youtube or any other site to play off of a usb stick or an sd card? i already converted the videos to a avi(divix) but it still says unplayable file? any suggestions?

I've played mp4's off a SD card. I've never used the USB stick since I use my iPod to play videos on it. But try mp4? Might have to convert them to an iPod mp4. Some video converters have that as an option.

Nice deck! I see you can get a new one of Amazon for $349.99 (with free shipping). That's a deal!

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-P4200DVD-Double-DIN-Multimedia-Receiver/dp/B0038BM7F4

Yeah, price has gone down a bit since it's been out almost a year. That means a new deck is coming soon to replace it.

I am interested in getting the 4300...are they difficult to install? And what are the differences between the 4200 and 4300?

There is no difference between the 4200 and the 4300 deck. The 4200 was released for the US, and the 4300 was released for out of country. Eventually, they just made it compatible for both US and out of country. They just went with the 4300.

You're gonna get the same thing.

Last edited:

deanbhula1

Reaction score
Was install fairly simple? Plug and play? First headunit I would be installing.

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Was install fairly simple? Plug and play? First headunit I would be installing.

Well, it's not plug and play. You need to buy the harness that connects the deck to the stock wiring. You can buy them from any audio shop. Then just connect the wiring according to color. It's fairly simple. But it's not plug and play.

deanbhula1

Reaction score
MORT-RUNNER said:
Well, it's not plug and play. You need to buy the harness that connects the deck to the stock wiring. You can buy them from any audio shop. Then just connect the wiring according to color. It's fairly simple. But it's not plug and play.

Ok so cutting and crimping is required. How easy is it to put the stock radio back in? Have to rewire again?

Top Bottom