Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

show me the tail lights!

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
hey guys ive decided to part from my stock oem tail lights and just wanted to see the different options that you guys might be using out there. if u can post pics of your tail lights that would really give me an idea of what they look like on our trucks and what direction i might lean towards..
thanks

Vince77

Reaction score
Mine... Just tinted.

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

lenie03

Reaction score
i still got the stock tail lights but i painted them so IDK you might think about doing something different like that. anyhow here's a few pix for you to look at.
PICT0434.jpg

PICT0435-1.jpg

x-stealth

Reaction score
I got some paint from Michael's and just did the caddy look to mine.

X-Runner036.jpg

WrecKaGeJPX

Reaction score
damn these are some good ideas guys. so how would you go about tinting the stockers? is it kinda like the BHLM or a little easier?

x-stealth

Reaction score
Everything is done on the outside of the tails. All I did was put 1 strip of blue tape down my tails. I think in the end I spent all of $20 if that. I didnt clear them either. With tinting them you will want to spray them then wet sand em. After that you will want to clear em. This way you get the glossy look and not the crappy faded look. It will take some time but the result will be worth it to do it right the first time.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
thanks for the write-up info. kevin...:top: all of your guys taillights are sick...especially six1nina and lenies...:biggrin: might gotta go six1nina route...that is a very clean look...

rich017

Reaction score
mine are black

Attachments

• trck 006.jpg
    trck 006.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 147

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
jason where did you get your tail lights from...I like how they are completely blacked out in the housing...:biggrin:

5000XD

Reaction score
I still do not get it how you guys get the lights so shiny after spraying paint on them :hmmmm2:

morcheez

Reaction score
what mine looked like before i ....well u guys know.....but they are on flowedtacomas truck now..lucky guy if u ask me
P3150115.jpg

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
after you spray the tint on you need to wet sand the lights. do that a couple times 1 with 1000 grit, 2nd time with 2000 grit, and up to you to do a third wet sanding. once your done with that you should be able to clear coat it...and you good...:top:

I still do not get it how you guys get the lights so shiny after spraying paint on them :hmmmm2:

morcheez I like how yours turned out...although I have been partial to blacking out the whole thing and leaving the reverse lights visible (leave them with no tint over...clear)...don't really know yet haven't made my mind up and what I want to do...I guess I will work on the rest of the truck and get back to this at a later date/time...:biggrin:

5000XD

Reaction score
after you spray the tint on you need to wet sand the lights. do that a couple times 1 with 1000 grit, 2nd time with 2000 grit, and up to you to do a third wet sanding. once your done with that you should be able to clear coat it...and you good...:top:

yea thanks. got myself the iron colored film and put that on. will post pictures. i like the subtle look, to dark/black isnt my thing.

Top Bottom