Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Slotted or Drilled Slotted Rotors???

Tunedx

Reaction score
Rotora Slotted or Drilled Slotted Rotors???

I've been doing alot of reading on the benefits of slotted rotors and drilled slotted. Not sure what rotor to go with? Any input please?

Slotted

- racing, autocross, larger trucks and SUV's, and vehicles that exhibit chronic brake problems.
- greatest amount of braking surface, helps keep the pads clean, and increases initial brake 'bite'.

Drilled/Slotted

- street performance application
- Tend to crack if the drilled hole has edge, inverted charmfer is recommed to prevent this from happening
- drilled holes help with cooling once the slots wear down.
- Slotting privides additional brake 'bite'.
- drilled provide an escape path for the gasses over the entire life of the rotor

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Who makes the ones u are looking at? One of the companys offer a lifetime warranty against deffects like cracking. I have drilled and slotted on my BBK and no issues with cracking that I can see and I drive my truck hard when it comes to braking.

CBRBob

Reaction score
Slotted is fine, thats where you will see the most benefit.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Unless you are getting a big brake kit, I would just say slotted. Powerslot makes a lot of rotors. Even cryo treatment as an option. Stop Tech owns them.

If you do go with drilled and slotted, make sure it is from a reputable company. They should be a decent price. If not don't waste your money. Because you WILL get what you pay for.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
He is looking at the bbk, Mike I talked to the guys at JRP racing in sauga and they were telling me that the slotted is the stoger way to go and yeah the drilled and slotted can fail they have seen it but it's all up to you. For stoptech rotors the d&s were an extra $65 per rotor

I plan on going with d&s just for style points lol

Last edited:

livinginsa

Reaction score
Unless you are getting a big brake kit, I would just say slotted. Powerslot makes a lot of rotors. Even cryo treatment as an option. Stop Tech owns them.

If you do go with drilled and slotted, make sure it is from a reputable company. They should be a decent price. If not don't waste your money. Because you WILL get what you pay for.

I agree. I have the drilled and slotted but I would have been happy with the slotted, alone. I have heard that is all that one needs. My brakes are extremely noisy. They say it has to do with the harmonics. I have the Rotoras. I have tried to quiet them down with non squeeling checmicals from the local auto supply but nothing has worked so far. I even bought another new set of ceramic pads but they squeel like a pig.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I had Brembo's on my car, they were great. On my wish list for the X

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine don't make a bit of noise. Did you buy the upgraded pads, from Rotora, over the ones that come with the brakes, or another brand?

Tunedx

Reaction score
Who makes the ones u are looking at? One of the companys offer a lifetime warranty against deffects like cracking. I have drilled and slotted on my BBK and no issues with cracking that I can see and I drive my truck hard when it comes to braking.

I'm going with Rotora bbk.

Mine don't make a bit of noise. Did you buy the upgraded pads, from Rotora, over the ones that come with the brakes, or another brand?

Which pads are u referring to? Is it worth the money?

Guys running Rotora slotted/drilled rotors have u experience any cracking?

Last edited:

Tunedx

Reaction score

I'm going w Rotora big brake kit

I agree. I have the drilled and slotted but I would have been happy with the slotted, alone. I have heard that is all that one needs. My brakes are extremely noisy. They say it has to do with the harmonics. I have the Rotoras. I have tried to quiet them down with non squeeling checmicals from the local auto supply but nothing has worked so far. I even bought another new set of ceramic pads but they squeel like a pig.

Is this part of the nature going with d&s rotors? Anyone else that is running Rotora kit have this issue?

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
I know mine aren't Rotora's but they are 332mm D&S rotors with semi-metallic pads and mine don't squeek at all. If anyone had Rotora's at a good price when I needed brakes I woulda scooped them up in a heartbeat, I'm satisfied with my purchase.
Have u ever heard a racecar come to a stop? Noisy as hell!

Also I prefer to NOT use ceramic pads because they suck for stopping:thumpdown:Theyre fine on my wifes car but I need to be able to stop quicker since I drive faster. Now the pads that come with the TRD BBK have ceramic in them but are carbon/ceramic. I've never used carbon/ceramic so I have no input on them. I may try some EBC Blue stuff or Yellow stuff by the start of summer or the end.

CBRBob

Reaction score
EBC Yellows work great but dust like a mofo.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
EBC Yellows work great but dust like a mofo.

Truth^^^

And you do get what you pay for. I drive extremely hard on my brakes, and my breakperformance rotors shattered...cross's drilled and slotted...

Murderface

Reaction score
99.999% of the time all that dust means they're good pads, the other 0.001% of the time it means they're cheap as hell:laugh:

I don't mind brake dust one bit

James_T

Reaction score
I've got the EBC slotted and dimpled rotors, which I love. They give you the benefit of having more gas scavenging cavities without the risk of cracking, I suppose. Coupled with nice pads does wonders.

Top Bottom