Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Upgraded pulley, headed to the dyno.. same numbers??

neb

Reaction score
Over the past month, I put in the URD fuel pump upgrade, the URD 2.8" pulley (the red one :D), and put on a gatorback belt. Headed to the dyno today, and the numbers were within a few HP of my last run.. same for TQ. 297HP and 320TQ today, 293HP and 307TQ last time. PSI was peaking at about 5.5 (which also is about what it did before the pulley)

I figured I'd see a lot more improvement than that :( :( I'm still not breaking 300hp. I'm guessing maybe the belt is slipping? Anyone else got any ideas? Thanks,

Ben

Miami_X

Reaction score
Hmmmmm… Something is definitely wrong with your setup. The 2.8, when I installed it, gave me another 1.3 - 1.5 lbs of boost. I went from 5.5 to nearly 7. Hope someone chimes in with some advice.

Doublld

Reaction score
Sounds like belt slip. Do you have a pic of dyno graph I should be able to tell you. Also did you have a tune or anything? Did they do analog of boost while running on the dyno? Afr?

neb

Reaction score
Sounds like belt slip. Do you have a pic of dyno

Unfortunately I forgot my thumb drive, so I'll have to wait till Tuesday to get the .drf's. Yeah, my guess is that the belt is slipping.. I mean what else could it be?

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Check it out well . I split a gatorback last week.... The treads came off the belt... Changed to a micro v from gates.

Doublld

Reaction score
Unfortunately I forgot my thumb drive, so I'll have to wait till Tuesday to get the .drf's. Yeah, my guess is that the belt is slipping.. I mean what else could it be?

Most likely belt slip.

spithead051

Reaction score
Check it out well . I split a gatorback last week.... The treads came off the belt... Changed to a micro v from gates.

Are the gatorbacks not that great of a belt? Seemed to be the common one a lot of folks switch to

Ostrichsak

Reaction score
When I swapped out my stealth pulley I honestly didn't feel a bit of difference. I don't have dynos to back it up but I was disappointed with the effort I put in since I expected to at least feel a difference even if it wasn't dramatic even though others had said their swap made a dramatic difference. I'm keeping an eye on this thread to see what comes of it.

STONER-X

Reaction score
You should look at the inside of the belt... If it looks glossy that is a good sign of belt slip....

I'm not sold on the gator back belts... The theory sounds good the hash marks allow for more flexible but if it is so good why don't more companies do it....?

I never had any problems with the gates belts on my sc

Doublld

Reaction score
I'd like to see a dyno sheet with afr and boost should hold steady until end of the run

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Plenty of members over the years, whom have purchased the gatorback belts, have swapped back to stock, or to the Gates
brand.

Ostrichsak

Reaction score
I am running the stock belt BTW. I only had like 30k miles and inspected the belt and it was fine so I left it and I still don't feel any difference. I'm not saying that this isn't his problem but I'm just adding my experience since it's similar and recent.

Bang Bang

Reaction score
How long from the time you put on the pulley to the time it was dyno'd? Possible tune issue?

neb

Reaction score
I'd like to see a dyno sheet with afr and boost should hold steady until end of the run

I'll get the run from the shop tomorrow. It'll have AFR, no boost though.

Took a good look at the belt; flat side does look shiny. I'll snap a picture in a few. I've got a gates standing by, gunna swap it out later tonight

Plenty of members over the years, whom have purchased the gatorback belts, have swapped back to stock, or to the Gates
brand.

I swapped it because my stock belt shredded itself after only 4k miles (wtf?). The dealership installed a new belt, which is the gates I have standing by. I had ordered a gatorback in the meantime because I wasn't sure if they were going to do the replacement for free.

I'm thinking the original belt failing and this new issue are related. Unfortunately I swapped the pulley since putting on that gatorback, so the dealer isn't going to touch it once they see that red pulley on there.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Put on the Gates belt, and see if your psi increases.

Top Bottom