Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Urd short throw shift kit with genuine toyota quick shifter

joshxrmora

Reaction score
Ok so guys got a quick question for ya. I modded my shifter with the URD short throw shift kit some time ago. As many of you know this isn't a replacement shifter its simply a standoff that sits between the shifter assembly and the transmission. well in order for it to work you needed to extend the lower of your shifter by installing the new lower ball joint at the bottom. what i want to know is if i can buy this part...."PTR04-35051" instead of this part...."PTR04-35052" to compensate for the length leading up to the ball joint. thing is the small allen screws that hold the new ball joint tight are coming loose to often and its a pain. it seems like the 35051 part has a longer arm leading to the ball joint where the 35052 part seems like the stock length. any advice much appreciated.

Coupe

Reaction score
The part number you listed is the TRD SS. If you use it, you do not need the URD SS. This in effect will replace the URD & your stock shifter.

justin13703

Reaction score
Just loctite those set screws or punch the metal next to them to lock them in place. I think it says to do that in the instructions. Mine was in there for around 4 yrs and never loosened up at all.

Top Bottom