Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What do you do for a living?

sacX

Reaction score
So I've met some pretty interesting people here, and am curious to see what everyone does for a living?!? For instance, I am a Central Service Tech at a big hospital here in Sacramento. I process instruments used for surgeries, and make them safe for use... so what do you do?

roy365

Reaction score
I slang bolts & nuts. :biggrin:

I work for JIT Military Sales. I bid on requirements to the U.S. Govt and other agencies/sub-contractors for general consumable hardware. (Mil-spec hardware, connectors,etc)

You want one of those $500.00 hammers.......I sell em! :top:

JFrame

Reaction score
Computer Technician.

I work for a smaller company so I do a little of everything. One day I'm helping Grandma get on AOL and the next day I'm installing servers and configuring Hyper-V hosts for Lawyers and Doctor's offices.

TurboTrck

Reaction score
Commissioning Engineer

I do start up of industrial equipment in power plants. We make filters that screen cooling water for use in the plant. I have many hats to say the least. I travel the world for free though, so not too shabby.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Engineering intern at southwest research. Specialize in diesel and gas tech.

SIK X

Reaction score
I build Turbo kits. A few of my kits have been on some of the Worlds fastest cars. like...
this 1700hp viper at RSI
2gyd0d0.jpg

this 1000hp ford gt at Hennessey
2rrw0i0.jpg

and this 300hp datsun wagon at powerfab (not a worlds fastest datsun (maybe wagon) But freakin sweet car!)
5fj58h.jpg

And these sweet tacos! lol
2n1b9z4.jpg

easts1d3

Reaction score
I'm a certified industrial millwright at a machine repair and building company

Attachments

• image-273498201.jpg
    image-273498201.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 94

RumRunner

Reaction score
Recent Civil Engineering Graduate and unemployed :thumbdown:. Currently tinkering on all my toys for a living.

oneblackxr

Reaction score
"assembly technician"
i work for BMW near spartanburg south carolina. we manufacture the x3, x5, and x6. m and non-m editions. i am here to tell you guys............the x6 m is an awesome piece of machinery. i work in the paint shop (corrosion division). our robots spray the pvc also known as seam sealer and under body sealant. it is a pretty cool job.

Workman3886

Reaction score
I work for a cable company as a system technician. Pretty much I keep your cable and Internet working and not lagging. The guys you see in the bucket trucks boomed in the air, yeah, that's me.

Not the best job but pays the bills and gives me enough dough to have fun with the X.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pump iron, play Halo, and wrench on shit. It's rough. Yeah. But it passes the time.

harjms

Reaction score
"assembly technician"
i work for BMW near spartanburg south carolina. we manufacture the x3, x5, and x6. m and non-m editions. i am here to tell you guys............the x6 m is an awesome piece of machinery. i work in the paint shop (corrosion division). our robots spray the pvc also known as seam sealer and under body sealant. it is a pretty cool job.

Can I get a hook up then? The 47K price tag for a X3 is a little steep. Rick Hendrick blows at making deals.

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Government contractor.
I manage over 6 petabytes of data storage worldwide (think racks full of disks)
think Megabytes, gigabytes, terabytes, then you finally get to Petabytes...each one is 1024 times larger than the previous one so it's a LOT of data...

Currently deployed in Afghanistan to hopefully pay off bills then send the rest of the $$ to Gadget for Stage-II or III stuff...

Toon714

Reaction score
I build Turbo kits. A few of my kits have been on some of the Worlds fastest cars. like...
this 1700hp viper at RSI
2gyd0d0.jpg

this 1000hp ford gt at Hennessey
2rrw0i0.jpg

and this 300hp datsun wagon at powerfab (not a worlds fastest datsun (maybe wagon) But freakin sweet car!)
5fj58h.jpg

And these sweet tacos! lol
2n1b9z4.jpg

I like this guys job.
Wish i had ur skills. Ill be fabbing shit up on the westcoast.

Now this guy has a great job!!:biggrin:

Service tech here. I work on and repair industrial equipment. Pumps, blowers, mixers, ect.

Pimpin aint easy player. :top:

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Government contractor.
I manage over 6 petabytes of data storage worldwide (think racks full of disks)
think Megabytes, gigabytes, terabytes, then you finally get to Petabytes...each one is 1024 times larger than the previous one so it's a LOT of data...

Currently deployed in Afghanistan to hopefully pay off bills then send the rest of the $$ to Gadget for Stage-II or III stuff...

Do you know where I lost my pen?

I like this guys job.
Wish i had ur skills. Ill be fabbing shit up on the westcoast.

Pimpin aint easy player. :top:

Lmao!
First trick, ball up a wod of cash. Second trick, make it explode on contact. :crinklehair::rockon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom