Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X one status

azburnin

Reaction score
So has there been an update on the status for the ECU for the 09+? I know its getting close to the end of the year. So something has got to be coming soon right?

Murderface

Reaction score
Why do u want one? If for S/C add ons which ones? Depending on what u want a MapECU2 can do all of those things like run a 7th injector for added boost.

azburnin

Reaction score
Well over all i'd like to increase the over all limit on the Rev limit, I'd also expect increase in the bolt ons i have added as well as plan on adding. I'm not too familiar with the Map ECU2, If it can provide and aggressive tune then maybe i should get educated for this. You tell me.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
whichever one you get, you do not want an aggressive tune. The risks are not worth the minimal gains you will see from pushing the limits. Just run a safe stable tune and you will be making plenty of power.

rich017

Reaction score
whichever one you get, you do not want an aggressive tune. The risks are not worth the minimal gains you will see from pushing the limits. Just run a safe stable tune and you will be making plenty of power.

Couldn't agree more.

Don't run an aggressive tune on these motors unless you spend the $5k on internals. It's just dumb

azburnin

Reaction score
Fare enough, good advice. I just hear many of the guys out here saying they could've gone more aggressive. I'm not looking to blow up the engine by any means. I wouldn't however have the equipment and not put a little extra into it. I know that in retrospect with out doing cam heads and all that jive i'll be still looking the same.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Just wondering, does anybody know what the power differences would be between the mapecu2 and the x-1. The reason I'm asking is because I was thinking about buying the mapecu2

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Just wondering, does anybody know what the power differences would be between the mapecu2 and the x-1. The reason I'm asking is because I was thinking about buying the mapecu2

mapecu is a good tuning device for the price. It will do everything you need it to.
Call Gadget @ URD. He sells and is familiar with both units he can answer any questions you have. :top:

blastap

Reaction score
A tuning device does not ''gain power'' It just gives you a way to tune your vehicle to be efficient. The x1 does however come with the cam gears and lower t stat. I suppose you could buy the gears and t stat separately giving you the similar results.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I thought most of the initial gains from the x1 was from the rev limiter being raised, so if this is the case wouldn't that mean the time equaled more power.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I thought most of the initial gains from the x1 was from the rev limiter being raised, so if this is the case wouldn't that mean the time equaled more power.

it all works together. Cam gears and thermo allow for a more aggressive but still safe tune. Optimizing fuel trims and timing I would think are where a majority of the gains would be.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
So would I be able to buy the cam gears and t stat and be able to use them with the mapecu?

blastap

Reaction score
I dont see why not, unless you can wait on a legit x1.

PiNkY

Reaction score
.....don't worry you only have to wait one more week.........

I keep hearing that's the phrase for the past few months atleast

azburnin

Reaction score
U get my pm?

yup sure did just sent you a message i was calling for recourses to pick up if bought... no go. They're all out of country.

Yeah now buying the Cam and Therm, which brand is numero uno?

Baggins44

Reaction score
You can go up to 40mph in first gear with the X-1:top:

Top Bottom