Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mothers Back to Black

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
well i finally decided to give this stuff a try and first impression is pretty good :adore:

all my plastic looks like it just rolled out of the factory(minus the few scratches and such) this stuff is very easy to apply and really leaves no residue that i can tell so far. im not sure how long it will last but with the ease to do if it only lasts a few weeks im ok with that.

i wouldve taken some pics before and after but i dont think the camera wouldve done it justice. and its pretty dark out.

A+ so far

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
That sh!t is slippery!! Another member use it on his bed rails and when I went to hop in the bed my hands slipped out and went ass over tea kettle into the box haha, makes the black look good though!!

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
ha thats what you get for jumping in someone elses bed ;)

keeps black in keeps unwanted visitors out

P05X

"Wicked Pissah"
Reaction score
I've used the same stuff, only thing I don't like is that it runs down the paint after it rains.

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
heads up... after a few washes you will have to use it again..... it fades :) but is awesome..... and like hottacoX says slippery

eltus

Reaction score
I used to apply it after every detailing... I love this stuff.

azjay

Reaction score
I love this stuff too, used it on my 95 4runner, holy crap if it didnt make it look brand new!

Jwall

Reaction score
I use this stuff everytime I clean er up. One of the better vinyl products out there I find. But ya it's some slippery shit haha

Tunedx

Reaction score
That sh!t is slippery!! Another member use it on his bed rails and when I went to hop in the bed my hands slipped out and went ass over tea kettle into the box haha, makes the black look good though!!

Another moment not caught on camera.

STONER-X

Reaction score
i like it, but i don't use it because it washes off so quick.... i use meguiars tire gel on all the outside plastic.. works GREAT and last through the rain.... but the down side it likes to let dust stick.. my truck spends the week in the garage so i don't mind....

butters607

Reaction score
Where do you get it i looked at autozone and didnt see any...

redarkx

Reaction score
jtnyc said:
any more permanent solutions?

Forever black I think is what it's called. It's almost a dye type liquid, I picked mine up from an auto detail supply shop. Works fantastic and I can go 2-3 months between reapplications. Only other more permanent solution would be painting the pieces. .

jtnyc

Reaction score
butters607, I picked up a bottle at Walmart over the wkend.

It looks great after appication! Just wish it wouldn't wash off.

redarkx, I need to find a bottle of Forever black...

X_Less

Reaction score
Use back to black kinda often, I just hate how it looks after a while when it starts to fade off in patches and leave water marks.

Bought a bottle of this stuff today at O'Reillys.

061628365_061212200ec77f6b72055693a4c17a18f19b0c68a690eadaf.jpg

Anyone have any experience with it?

I also once used the bondo restore black... It worked alright but it was soo messy and after a while began to flake off, It's like a black gel that dries out to a black film.

restoreblack.jpg

cwatt

Reaction score
I've been using the stuff for a few years now. Best results I find is apply liberally then when tacky, remove excess with a rag (I use a microfiber thinger).

Had a good laugh there. lol

I've used the same stuff, only thing I don't like is that it runs down the paint after it rains.

This is true.

MoreTacosPlease

Reaction score
love this stuff, i myself also had an accident stepping onto my back bumper, slick stuff

Top Bottom