Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need help asap!!!!

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this question, but can I drive my truck with no supercharger belt? Im assuming no because air wont be able to properly get to the motor. It shredded when I started my truck to leave work this afternoon and nobody in town has a belt in stock. I ordered 2 from toyota so I have a spare next time, but I really don't like leaving my truck anywhere.

Somebody please give me some good news lol.

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Yea I'm not going to if any type of damage will occur, I just hate leaving my baby out in the cold away from the garage hahaa

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
if you dont wanto risk fu#!^ng something else up i wouldnt

SethXR1990

Reaction score
Tow it home just in case
I wouldn't want too leave else where other than home

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Tow it home just in case
I wouldn't want too leave else where other than home

I'm not gonna pay to tow it home though. I live on an Air Force base and my work is there as well, so it's relatively safe, just not in my garage lol

Gadget

Reaction score
You can drive it without the belt.

You are going to have significantly reduced power, but it will run OK.

The supercharger will spin on its own as you open the throttle from the air being pulled through it.

G

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance as my truck is on the other side of the world, but isn't that a serpentine belt that runs all the accessories including the water pump and alternator?

Dave in Bagram Afghanistan

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
You can drive it without the belt.

You are going to have significantly reduced power, but it will run OK.

The supercharger will spin on its own as you open the throttle from the air being pulled through it.

G

Damn. That just doesn't make sense to me at all but I trust you more than anybody (no offense to anybody) when it comes to these motors. I only need to drive a mile and a half

Forgive my ignorance as my truck is on the other side of the world, but isn't that a serpentine belt that runs all the accessories including the water pump and alternator?

Dave in Bagram Afghanistan

The supercharger runs on a separate belt

Last edited:

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
OK, never installed a TRD (or URD for that matter)....

Hope to change that as soon as wife's motorcycle is paid off and I get back from Bagram!!

Dave

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Ok G, so I should've just fine to drive with no s/c belt just from work to my house? (About 1.5 miles)

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
You da man G. I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of f'd up 1GR's if it wasn't for you

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Anybody have any insight on wh the belt would just shred like this? Supercharger was put on by me at 6k miles and truck currently sits at 17k miles. Does it really have that short of a lifespan or maybe a factory defect? All pulleys are aligned properly and there are no Knicks/burrs in the metal so I'm at a loss as of why it shredded. The part that shredded was only 1 of the 5 belt ribs, closest to the front of the truck.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
That's pretty strange, I know I've replaced my supercharger belt a couple of times already just because it was cracking all the time. I suppose I got lucky that it didn't shred apart yet? lol

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
That's pretty strange, I know I've replaced my supercharger belt a couple of times already just because it was cracking all the time. I suppose I got lucky that it didn't shred apart yet? lol

Well how long have you had the s/c? Maybe the toyota belts just have a shitty lifespan?

Top Bottom