Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trd sc pump

dramad1

Reaction score
This morning I noticed a wet spot in my drive way, after inspecting my undercarage I found a slow drip of coolant coming from the inner cooler pump. It looks like there is a gasket in between the two sides of the housing on the pump, and this is where the drip is.
Is there or does anyone have a part number for this gasket, or can I use some rtv gasket maker on there? Also noticed the worm gear clamp on the hose going into pump needs to be replaced as well as the worm gear clamp coming out of the lower coolant resivor ( can't spell right now ) to sick to think. Looks like it had a slow leak and coolant has started to eat through the metal.
Anyone have similar issues?

STONER-X

Reaction score
I don't have the TRD pump anymore BUT I do have a Bosch pump which I believe is the same pump...

The motor has a magnetic cup on the end and is sealed off from the pump impeller and the two are seperated by a molded piece of plastic with a gasket....

If you drain the system and remove the pump you will see there are about 6 phillp head screws... You can remove them and take the impeller side off and see what is the problem... The pump is SIMPLE to take apart

You could use gasket maker just make sure it is coolant safe or the coolant will eat through the gasket maker...

I would start with the clamps and see if that solves your problem first...

dramad1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, didnt think to be sure the rtv was coolant safe. Will do. I tightened the hose clamps in the mean time and the drip has stopped. Later this afternoon ill be heading to napa or autozone for some new clamps.
I've been puking all day so hard for me to go out and attack it at the moment. Lol.

spithead051

Reaction score
RTV makes a water pump gasket maker that is coolant safe. I used that to fix a small leak I had on my intercooler reservoir and has held up great for the 15k it has been on.

dramad1

Reaction score
So far the leak has stopped, I replaced the clamps on the hoses and I no longer see a
Drip. I will be keeping an eye on it. I am collecting all types of emergency tools that I roll around with just in case. Being stranded sucks.

Top Bottom