Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD cold air intake coming out any day now...

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
I emailed URD this morning about their cai that was supposed to come out a while back. I hadn't heard anything about it in a long while so I decided to ask them what was up with it. The reply said "it will be released any day now." I know a lot of us have been waiting for this for quite some time now so I figured I'd let you guys know our wait is almost over (hopefully).:driver:

Xacto

Reaction score
all i can say is, ill believe it when i see it

XDsm

Reaction score
I think they are waiting for the TRD supercharger to be released first:dontknow::laugh:

nctourer

Reaction score
I will be interested to see what their pricing is and how the install
compares to the Volante.

07XR808

Reaction score
i hope it comes out soon. i've been waiting since i bought my truck to see what it looks like

XRobber

Reaction score
I will be interested to see what their pricing is and how the install
compares to the Volante.

I'm pretty sure it will be nothing like the Volant at all. I believe URDs goal was to bring the CAI out in front of the vehicle the way the S/C kit does, but dont quote me on that.

nctourer

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it will be nothing like the Volant at all. I believe URDs goal was to bring the CAI out in front of the vehicle the way the S/C kit does, but dont quote me on that.

Yeah, I bet your right thou. :top:
:beer:

Wheelz

Reaction score
Hey noobie question here, but just wondering. Which is better TRD or URD :dontknow: ?

dermaestro

Reaction score
I don't think anyone can answer that since the URD isn't out yet. There were a few reviews of the TRD on CT.

I'm hoping the URD will be cheaper.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the URD will be cheaper.

Yeah, what is it? $450 for the TRD CAI... I haven't bought a CAI before, but I've looked at plenty and $450 seems DAMN STEEP! :frown:

dermaestro

Reaction score
No kidding. I have a coworker here that claims he has a friend that can get him a good price on Toyota and TRD parts. Depending on URD's price, I may hit him up for it and see what I can get.

nxrunner

Reaction score
Yeah, what is it? $450 for the TRD CAI... I haven't bought a CAI before, but I've looked at plenty and $450 seems DAMN STEEP! :frown:

I paid around $280 - $290 for mine.:biggrin:

064X4V6TRDSport

Reaction score
Hey noobie question here, but just wondering. Which is better TRD or URD :dontknow: ?

General speculation says that the URD CAI will be in front of the radiator and the TRD is an enclosed box so, if you are okay with the rain and dirt collecting on your filter then the URD would be the way to go. I am off on dirt roads alot and will be moving back home in a few months where it's known to snow in the middle of June so I went with the sealed box option in the TRD. To each there own.

***EDIT*** Go into the "Market Place" at www.customtacos.com and you will find the TRD for $320 and the shipping is only $15.

DOGO X

Reaction score
Not again, I heard this long time and nothing. Promises and Promises :thumpdown:

SWB X

Reaction score
I have my own intake being fabricated right now. Its similar to the urd intake for the x/c. I will post pics when its ready. Price will be just right as well.

www.cardomain.com/id/XRnnr

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
I asked Brian about a price and he said nothing has been determined yet...?

XRobber

Reaction score
General speculation says that the URD CAI will be in front of the radiator and the TRD is an enclosed box so, if you are okay with the rain and dirt collecting on your filter then the URD would be the way to go. I am off on dirt roads alot and will be moving back home in a few months where it's known to snow in the middle of June so I went with the sealed box option in the TRD. To each there own.

***EDIT*** Go into the "Market Place" at www.customtacos.com and you will find the TRD for $320 and the shipping is only $15.

My CAI as well as a few others is in front of the radiator. I am in Florida - and we have some of the worst rain storms. I have NO problem with rain or dirt getting up in my filter.
If you are going mudding, then I dont suggest it... But if you are simply driving on the street, in front of the radiator is definately the way to go.

Not again, I heard this long time and nothing. Promises and Promises :thumpdown:
I spoke with Brian from URD last night. The CAI is VERY close. It will be within the next week I bet.

Top Bottom