Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD has TRD Supercharger Kits!!!

iniazy

Reaction score
Psi to psi doesn't even matter than much. Trd at 8psi compared to urd at 8psi, the urd puts more cfm of air down the intake than than the trd. Still both are at 8psi the urd still makes more power cause more air flow not psi.

I think I have a knowledge gap here. I thought manifold pressure and air flow are alternative methods to measure engine load, and the two are direclty proportionate. So the more the pressure the more the air flow, and vice versa. Why would air flow deviate from pressure?

justin13703

Reaction score
I think I have a knowledge gap here. I thought manifold pressure and air flow are alternative methods to measure engine load, and the two are direclty proportionate. So the more the pressure the more the air flow, and vice versa. Why would air flow deviate from pressure?

No you can have a difference of air flow at the same pressure. For example when my truck had the old c30 blower it ran at about 10psi. When I went to the much bigger c38 that had much more airflow, the truck made more power at 7-8 psi on that c38 than it did at 10 psi on the c30. Pressure and airflow don't stay the same in different situations

Gadget

Reaction score
Efficiency also come into play. Power consumed to turn the supercharger can be very different to move the same amount of air.

How much the air is heated when it is moved is important as well.

In both these areas the Rotrex is far superior to the old style Eaton 3 lobe rotor.

Now with the URD systems we have a much better charge air cooler and there are other things that work to our advantage as well.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Cfm that was the proper word I was trying to remember lol. Ya think of it like a fire hose with 10psi of water flowing out and a garden hose with 10psi of water flowing out. Fire hose is moving more water. More air+more fuel= more power. More resistance to turn the TRD supercharger than the urd. Urd uses a better more efficient air to air intercooler where the trd uses a water to air. Also urd uses the stock intake manifold where the trd replaces it. Urd is just a more efficient monster. Plus the trd you still with need a ems.

lamia2super

Reaction score
just google centrifugal supercharger vs roots supercharger.......i always think of a centrifugal s/c as a turbo and just like a turbo boost comes in a little later compared to a root/twin screw s/c

Last edited:

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
So lets say I buy a TRD kit. I have a 2014. How would I get it to work with my truck since Toyota in Hawaii doesn't offer reflashes anymore?

lamia2super

Reaction score
So lets say I buy a TRD kit. I have a 2014. How would I get it to work with my truck since Toyota in Hawaii doesn't offer reflashes anymore?

if you cant flash it than you would have to wait for URD to release the newer harness and buy a UCON or something similar so they can remotely tune it for u

Gadget

Reaction score

What do you mean they do not offer reflashes?

All Toyota dealers have the Techstream tool for reflashing the ECUs. URD has it and can do it. I am sure there are some independent shops that can do it as well.

Anyway I am out of Tacoma fit kits. All the kits I have left are for the FJ. That can be easily modified to work. The only real difference is the bracket that holds the hood latch and the mounting tabs on the intercooler radiator.

Two more shipping today!!

G

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
As far as it goes, I spoke to a friend at Toyota, which there's only one Toyota company here on 'Oahu. He said they do not offer reflashes for the Supercharger since they no longer sell them. I don't know why, but he said that it's what the owner stated. Brings me to another Question for you, Gadget. When is the UCon and Supercharger coming out for 2012+??

What do you mean they do not offer reflashes?

All Toyota dealers have the Techstream tool for reflashing the ECUs. URD has it and can do it. I am sure there are some independent shops that can do it as well.

Anyway I am out of Tacoma fit kits. All the kits I have left are for the FJ. That can be easily modified to work. The only real difference is the bracket that holds the hood latch and the mounting tabs on the intercooler radiator.

Two more shipping today!!

G

Gadget

Reaction score
The UCON should be ready in the next couple of months. We do have units up and running in some vehicles now shaking things out.

That is total BS on the reflash. They have access to it just like I do. If they do not want to do it that is one thing, but to day they can't is BS.

G

Top Bottom