Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weld less bung strap

dramad1

Reaction score
I have a 3" no weld bung strap and plan to install it after my y pipe collector for my afr gauge.
I don't know anyone that can weld stainless witch is why I have the no weld strap.
Anyone know what diameter hole needs to be drilled for the sensor? Anyone have any feed back about using this no weld band clamp? I figure I can go weldless for now until I can find some one to weld a bung in for me. Thanks fellas

Gadget

Reaction score
Nothing real special about welding in a bung. Any exhaust shop can do that.

G

dramad1

Reaction score
I know its a pretty simple task. Me and my local exaust shop are not on the best of terms. Me and the owners son don't get along. Nxt nearest shop is down the hill, 20 miles away. Kevin's got a buddy that can do it but we still gotta set it all up and meet Etc etc.
I was thinking I could just throw this no weld strap on for now and then weld the bung in later just so I can hook up my afr gauge.
I have heard you can weld stainless with stick welder but you would have to paint the welds to prevent rust. I can stick weld okay. Hmmm

Gadget

Reaction score
Just put the strap on there and worry about it later.

G

Top Bottom