Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2014 C7 Corvette pix Leaked

Slay0r

Reaction score
Well, they didnt leak so much as Jalopnik releasing what they found

**I've updated the thread since this is becoming an interested story on Jalopnik.

This story has progressivley gotten more funny throughout the day

-Jalopnik posts pictures of 2014 Corvette, saying that it is without doubt the next c7 corvette.
-GM posts on Facebook that the images are NOT real (breaking their own rule of talking about future products on Facebook
-Jalopnik gets info from a VWVortex member that someone is getting fired over the matter

heres the stories and pictures:

http://jalopnik.com/5858683/exclusive-this-is-the-2014-chevy-corvette
http://jalopnik.com/5859397/gm-issues-weak+ass-denial-on-our-2014-corvette-exclusive
http://jalopnik.com/5859407/possibl...re-confirmation-your-corvette-images-are-real

xlarge_925c5011df99c0d3662be43c7b33afa6.jpg

xlarge_c52a837b981bde3536270f164ca05252.jpg

xlarge_09c85932f963b07b6577f0018241fd5e.jpg

Exclusive: This is the 2014 Chevy Corvette

The exclusive images you see here, derived from hours spent secretly poring over the sheetmetal of two seventh-generation Corvettes, show the next step in the supercar's iconic evolution. These aren't photos, but this is absolutely the next-generation Chevy Corvette in ZR1 trim. GM so doesn't want you to see these.

Love it or hate it, the Chevrolet Corvette is an American icon. For most of its 60 years, the 'Vette's shown that a commodity-focused U.S. automaker can confound expectations and compete with the likes of Ferrari and Lamborghini. The seventh-generation Corvette — or C7 Corvette — as fan-boys and GM insiders call it — is designed to further confound those expectations.

These renderings were derived from hours this weekend I (and our designer) spent in secret, poring over the completely uncamouflaged sheetmetal of two versions of the next-gen Corvette. With limited time, we decided to, rather than show you the first one, a base level Corvette, we focused our rendering efforts instead on the high-performance ZR1 trim level.

None of our sources were willing to go on the record or allow me to run their name for fear they might lose their jobs. That's also why I'm showing renderings rather than actual photos — I don't care if it might cast doubt on the veracity of the styling — but I didn't want anyone losing their job.

That said, we showed these images to three different sources at General Motors — and all three confirmed that the images you see here accurately portray the ZR1 trim level for the seventh-generation Corvette. A fourth source — a non-GM employee — confirmed that the vehicle we show here is one of two Initial Vehicle Engineering Release (IVER) vehicles that's been making the rounds at the Milford Proving Grounds.

View the gallery
The ZR1 trim level is expected to come out later than the base model Corvette — which is slated for a 2014 model year and a reveal at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show.

At first glance, you think this is nothing more than an evolutionary change to America's supercar. But give it a second for that initial enormously deceiving glance to dissipate into a double-take. The changes — like the very Camaro-esque rear taillights, the over-exaggerated side vents, and a new window in the rear quarter — will be absolutely polarizing to any Corvette fan-boy. And other items — like a split-rear window, a la the Corvette Stingray, won't make it into production.

Last edited:

dramad1

Reaction score
I Have always wanted a vet. Never driven one, tryed to test drive one and was turned away. Boo. New possible look is sick as f.

Toon714

Reaction score
Damn the vet looks freakin bad ass!
The back light kinda looks like the camero...

Gadget

Reaction score
Are there going to be any significant changes other than the outward appearance?

I love the continued references to "sheet metal." If it has sheet metal, it is not a Corvette.

Is this American Icon actually going to be made in the US??

G

Slay0r

Reaction score
G- Engine is still up in the air (at least to the public) but there will be a 7sp manual

edit- and GM has said that the interior will be a Major revamp (much needed)

Gadget

Reaction score
A 7 speed on a large engine like that??? Maybe it will be one of the dual clutch manualmatics.

G

Slay0r

Reaction score
oh yes 7 spd manual row-yo-own. Porsche did it with the new 911 and GM is doing it for final drive fuel eff. numbers

Top Bottom