Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cipher Auto Bucket Seat Group Buy "Feeler"

Will you buy the seat w/out the airbag sensor?

• Yes...

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • No...

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters

CipherAuto

Reaction score
ill have to get some measurement on my amp(s)

but i have 2 highs amps under my drivers seats
and a monoblock amp for my sub under my pass. seat (and it barely fits undernieth)

Yea let me know, I'll can try to talk to the welder to see if he can make it to accommodate a bit more space for an amp.

Slay0r

Reaction score
yupyup, will do I had to buy that amp specifically to fit under the seat b/c my precious one was too big.

But getting it as close to OEM specs would be great. I know many ppl dont like the height (too high) already for our seats, but yeh, we wouldnt have any room for the amps we already have inthere if they were lower.:dontknow:

i want to say the demensions of my pass. side amp is:

Dimensions (L x W x H): 12.4" x 10.6" x 2.71"

CipherAuto

Reaction score
yupyup, will do I had to buy that amp specifically to fit under the seat b/c my precious one was too big.

But getting it as close to OEM specs would be great. I know many ppl dont like the height (too high) already for our seats, but yeh, we wouldnt have any room for the amps we already have inthere if they were lower.:dontknow:

i want to say the demensions of my pass. side amp is:

Dimensions (L x W x H): 12.4" x 10.6" x 2.71"

Well based on those dimensions it should fit. I have a random bracket sitting here that we sorta mocked up on the Daniel's XR and it's the same width. Which means you have about 15" in clearance width wise and length wise I believe you will be looking at 12" of clearance. Looking at the stock seat bracket, ours should have a slightly higher height clearance right under (maybe 1" extra?). :top:

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
i just wanted to give a special thanks to CipherAuto for going over and beyond for us to accommodate our needs with producing a very nice racing seat that will allow for the safety aspect of our trucks to stay intact, i know i and the other XRU members are greatful. its been a long time waiting for a seat to come out that looks good and doesnt cost an arm and leg, so again thank you.

Slay0r

Reaction score
i just wanted to give a special thanks to CipherAuto for going over and beyond for us to accommodate our needs with producing a very nice racing seat that will allow for the safety aspect of our trucks to stay intact, i know i and the other XRU members are greatful. its been a long time waiting for a seat to come out that looks good and doesnt cost an arm and leg, so again thank you.

+1:top:

As it sits now, i think theres like one part scraping the top of my amp.

What ill try to do when i get home is take some pictures of how everything lies. Bc with the demensions, its seems like that amp would fit easily, but with humps and other obsitcals, its barely in there.

CipherAuto

Reaction score

No problem, thanks for coming down and tearing up your seat for us. I'm also trying to work on a lower spring solution. I don't want to step on any toes with other vendors, but I think we have more funds and man power to get the springs done correctly and consistently. If anyone has extensive knowledge of the SS on, PM please as I have a few questions.

motorpsyKho

Reaction score
I'm IN on the group buy once the airbag issue has been solved! I really like the all black with red stitching

Slay0r

Reaction score
Chiper- hope this helps. I grabbed the pix in a hurry, so if u need me to take the seat off so u can see how it sits in there and why its positioned that way LMK. I've just been a lil busy since i got home.

here vare the actual dimensions of that amp: Dimensions: 11.81" L x 12.4" W x 2.7" H

front:
IMG_3220.jpg

front again:
IMG_3215.jpg

Rear:
IMG_3216.jpg

Somewhat under:
IMG_3217.jpg

Rear again:
IMG_3218.jpg

Where it scrapes:
IMG_3219.jpg

W3LCH

Reaction score
those are some nice seats would be better in blue:biggrin: lol

EhdzXrunnR

Reaction score
i like these seats but no sensor for airbag.. thats just a big safety stuff..

Shanes56

Reaction score
I would gladly be in for a set once the sensor issue is fixed

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Love the seats, but def. need the sensors. Mine is a daily driver, and if I wanna take my wife anywhere it needs it.

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
from my understanding these are a GO they just have to make a bracket that will hold our airbag sensors in the proper place, and make the seat sit at the correct height.

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
I'll be down once that all comes out. What will be the final price, for two seats with brackets? And how much will the sensors bring that price up?

Top Bottom