Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

From Lifted to Lowered

LeadFoot

Reaction score
Hey guys,, l

This is my second Tacoma and I went in the complete opposite direction. I used to have a 2003 Tacoma 4x4, lifted with mud tires. Man it was fun the climb hills with but handling was not so good. I subconsciously wanted a sports seeing as how that truck was driven like one.

I never expected to get an xrunner. I was headed to CarMax to check out an F150 that I had seen online. Well apparently I took a wrong turn and ended up at the Toyota dealership. I was about to leave but I saw some F150's in the used lot so i figured what the hell, I will check them out. I parked and got out the truck and started walking to the used lot and then it caught my eye. There she was, that blue was shining like a diamond and it just screamed "pick me, pick me." I walked all around the Xrunner, never made ti the F150's, and then the salesman asked if I wanted to take it for a spin.

End result, I walked off the lot with an Xrunner. It was a really good deal too. It is an 05 but it only had 60k on it and they wanted 14500. Apparently it sat on the lot for a while and they could not get rid of it. How fortunate for me. Since then I have not been able to keep my foot out of the throttle and within the next month will need new tires. This thing is so fun in the corners. You cannot help but speed up when others slow way down!!

Well I have had it for two weeks now and already have some goodies on the way. The URD TCAI with MAF calibrator, and nst pulleys.

I am thinking DTLT next and after that, well the bank account will have to do the talking.

Oh, this truck came with a GFORCE chip on it and I was wondering what the consensus was with this chip.. I know that it is nothing more than modify the IAT sensor signal. Anyways drove with it on for the first 2 tanks and was getting about 380miles per tank. Took it off and got about 300 to the tank with no major change in driving style. Is it just going to take the computer time to correct itself or does the chip actually do something?

I guess it really does not matter as I will def not run the chip in conjunction with the MAF calibrator from URD.

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
I was looking into those chips too..... Didn't know they made that big of a difference,

PS welcome to the addiction....... and empty pockets :)

dramad1

Reaction score
Welcome to xru and congrats on purchasing the x runner.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the X and welcome to the Underground! :top:

GR6RR

Reaction score
nice pick up! I'm sure it was destined to be...

BondXII

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Most fun on four wheels (trucks anyways) LOL :top: Nice color choice too by the way. :blurock:

adamewwy

Reaction score
congrats man..that is exactly how I felt when I picked my X up a year or so back.

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
Welcome!!!! I've had mine going on 7 years and still love it!!!!

Top Bottom