Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HELP !!! what mods to get for my '08 x runner

Kailua-X-Runner

Reaction score
i just got a 2008 x runner last week. it only has 24,000 miles on it. but i have 7 yr/100,000 power train and bumper to bumper warranties. i dont know what to do with out voiding my warranties.

Reaction score
hey wats up bro welcome to the family and bro i think the first couple things is to blk head light mod and Short shifter and then from there what ever you like and on here you have alot of opptions on what you can do and most of it wont void so yea, just make sure its all bolt on for now

DustyXRunner

Reaction score
intake and exhaust are a good start and easily reversible if something breaks. just my .02

or you can just say f the warranty and start doing it right. lol:rockon:

thebenmack

Reaction score
intake and exhaust are a good start and easily reversible if something breaks. just my .02

or you can just say f the warranty and start doing it right. lol:rockon:

neither of those effect the warranty.only if you mess with the internals on the motor or something major will it hen affect it

zrgray

Reaction score
Get the TRD supercharger first... Spend the big bucks first, then all the other mods wont seem soo expensive!

TRD-X

Reaction score
If you have the money do the TRD/supercharger first! It runs with the factory warranty (if dealer installs) or 12 mo/12,000 mile if you do. Lowering, and other like mods don't void your warranty Cuz!:top: Toyota sells the TRD parts, so they wouldn't sell you something that would hurt the X!

nine9six

Reaction score
I'd start with an intake and exhaust. Or if I were ballin', I'd start with the blower.

thebenmack, I'll be in Bonifay on the 25th through the 30th.

teamben158

Reaction score
Remember the Magnuson-Moss Act says that warranty claims cannot be denied unless it is proved that the modification caused the failure.

Kailua-X-Runner

Reaction score
so short shifter, cat-back, and intake should be good with out voiding

i cant find a TRD exhaust for the X...
they do have the cold air intake and short shifter though

Last edited:

akxr79

Reaction score
get a TRD short shifter, a URD or TRD intake, and for sure the exhaust gadget put up the link for. It's my exhaust and I still think its one of the coolest sounding exhausts out there for any car.

Kailua-X-Runner

Reaction score
which muffler do you guys have Magna flow or turbo? is the magna flow the (16624) muffler?

07XRsteve

Reaction score
If you have the money do the TRD/supercharger first! It runs with the factory warranty (if dealer installs) or 12 mo/12,000 mile if you do. Lowering, and other like mods don't void your warranty Cuz!:top: Toyota sells the TRD parts, so they wouldn't sell you something that would hurt the X!
Like Jim said i would go with the S/C first b/c if you get it and let the dealer install it runs with your powertrain warrenty if you do it yourself then you only get the 12month /12,000 mile warrenty. Listen to Jim he is all knowing lol

Top Bottom