Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hmmm... dead battery?

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday I didn't drive my truck hardly at all. I pulled it forward 3 feet in the driveway to mow behind it and then pulled it 3 feet back... that's all.

This morning I go to leave and my battery is dead. :hmmmm2: No lights were left on (or could be left on). I'm really clueless as to the cause.

Could it be the foglight mod? I leave the switch on almost all the time. Any ideas on this one???

Troskey

Reaction score
i doubt it's the fog light mod...i leave my switch on all of the time...no problems here...*knocks on wood*

rexrunner

Reaction score
same here, Ive left my truck alone for 2 weeks straight with no issues. Check all the wiring, ground pts, blown fuses ect.. Good luck let us know whats up.

XrunDan

Reaction score
Maybe it doesnt like you anymore.....i mean it could be anything

Spyder327

Reaction score
Does it just click once when you try to turn it on? can you turn on the interior lights and what not still? or is it just completely dead?

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does it just click once when you try to turn it on? can you turn on the interior lights and what not still? or is it just completely dead?

I didn't try turning on any lights but the dash lights did not light up and it didn't even try to turn over. It was completely dead.

I jumped it and drove across town, turned it off for 3 hours and it started back up fine when I left there. :dontknow:

Spyder327

Reaction score
I didn't try turning on any lights but the dash lights did not light up and it didn't even try to turn over. It was completely dead.

I jumped it and drove across town, turned it off for 3 hours and it started back up fine when I left there. :dontknow:

Most likely something was left on then... it's probably recharged and fine now.

Lay off the beers klint :laugh:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i had that happen one morning, went to start it and it was completely dead. no click no nothing just dead as sh!t. Didn't leave the lights or anything on, but there was somthing that drained the battery
Jumped it and i have never had the problem again. :dontknow:

Spyder327

Reaction score
i had that happen one morning, went to start it and it was completely dead. no click no nothing just dead as sh!t. Didn't leave the lights or anything on, but there was somthing that drained the battery
Jumped it and i have never had the problem again. :dontknow:

Waaiiit a minute....isnt there a TSB on an intermittent no start that someone posted...

Edit: nevermind thats a different problem.

Maybe you guys are just alcoholics who dont remember leaving the lights on :laugh:

Not that theres anything wrong with that :beer:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dood - the lights turn themselves off when you open the door. And the fog light mod turns off when the ignition is in the off position.

Now... whose the alcoholic???? :biggrin:

Spyder327

Reaction score
Dood - the lights turn themselves off when you open the door. And the fog light mod turns off when the ignition is in the off position.

Now... whose the alcoholic???? :biggrin:

Hey Klint,

Go turn one of your overhead map lights on...and see if it goes off by itself :bird:

if you go test that, i hope your ready to jump that battery again :laugh:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go turn one of your overhead map lights on...and see if it goes off by itself :bird:

Bich - I'd remember having my overhead light on. Remember... pulled it forward - mowed - pulled it back. I didn't need to read a map to do that. :laugh: :biggrin:

Spyder327

Reaction score
Bich - I'd remember having my overhead light on. Remember... pulled it forward - mowed - pulled it back. I didn't need to read a map to do that. :laugh: :biggrin:

hahahaha thats where you being an alcoholic comes into play...:biggrin:

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
funny thing is ... i go outside just now to move my truck and it wont start ... it just clicks ... and all my dash lights come on ... i sign on here and its the first topic on the home page ... should i just recharge the battery???

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
funny thing is ... i go outside just now to move my truck and it wont start ... it just clicks ... and all my dash lights come on ... i sign on here and its the first topic on the home page ... should i just recharge the battery???

Okay... NOW THAT'S WEIRD! :hmmmm2::hmmmm2::hmmmm2: I swear, there was nothing left on in my truck. :dontknow:

As I said, I just jumped it; let it run for 2-3 minutes; shut it off to make sure I could restart it. It started back up, so I left the house. I guess I'll find out in the morning if it's still hosed.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I thought i had the samething happen to me the other day but it was that i didnt have the clutch all the way down...

if it happens again to you check the batt somehow (multimeter) and see if its really dead or something else is wrong and its giving the same symptoms as a dead battery

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
Before you charge the battery check to see if there is enough water over the cells and make sure the battery post are clean and tight. Sometimes the battery need some distilled water added depending how much you use your battery.

X-Runnin

Reaction score
Hey Klint,

if you go test that, i hope your ready to jump that battery again :laugh:

My overhead lights turn off automatically after about 30mins (est.) of being on, I found this out when installing my screen and amp/sub, I would have to click them twice for them to turn back on..:dontknow:

XrunDan

Reaction score
hmm, same thing happened to my wifes corolla the other day, but turned out it was the battery...new battery now no problems......i bet it has to do with the battery being defective, happens more than people think.

Top Bottom